Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a multivar 2000 for my burgman 400 and now I can't find a shop who knows how to install it. I live in Massachusttes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for all the great posts.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
At least up in your area you have (or should have) a number of dealers and bike shops, perhaps even a scooter shop, all I can say is keep looking,
and be sure to let us know how you like the mod when you do get it done. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Where in Mass are you? Any custom chopper shop should be able to install it for you. Even if they have to fabricate something to hook it up... That's right up their alley!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sammy, didn't the kit come with instructions? Or is it that you are not comfortable doing the work yourself?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ted I would give it a try but I don't have the tools. It looks like there are couple of special tools. From what I can tell it looks like only the foot section of the ferring needs to come off. If I can't find someone I,ll do it myself.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Cary, have a look in my gallery folder (link at my signature) and look in the follow sub folders and then follow = 4. Left Side Leg Cover 5. Cooling Fan Filter. 6. Final Drive Oil plus Inspect Drive Belt and that will get you to where the instructions in the Malossi kit are useful to you. CAUTION - this an Olde Burger - yours may have subtle differences just use the 'Mk1 eyeball' in addition to my guide. If you have an air impact wrench or a good electric one I think you may be able to get away without any special tools as such as long as you have a reasonably equipped shop.

Have a look at this thread too:Picture of special tool etc.

As I say I have not done this myself but essentially it is no different than doing a belt change.

Anyway Cary, good luck, take it one step at a time, come back if you need further help (and if you have a digicam take some pics!) - let us know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts