Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the advise. I think that the 400 based on every ones input would fit my needs and then some. My dilema is now do I get the Burgman 400 an 03' wait for an 05 or wait and see how the Yamaha Majesty stacks up. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
My thoughts on this -

We don't have any hard information yet, or even good speculation. But my guess would be that there won't be any major enhancements to the '05. There may be a minor tweak or two, and probably one new color. And it will probably cost you a bit more. If you like the color of the '03, and think you are getting a fair deal on it - buy it.

The Yamaha Majesty has a good reputation in other countries were it is sold. But until it is actually here, and in showrooms, and priced for the US market, it is not a contender. If Yamaha is delayed on their release of the model, or if the dealers near you don't even get one initially, that is time lost that you could have been enjoying the Burgman 400. And again, a new Majesty promises to cost you move than a leftover AN400.

If it were me, I'd be negotiating on the purchase of the AN400.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Looking at the pics. of the maj. it appears there is less storage than the burg.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Looking at the reviews of both bikes, it's be a toss up on which one I'd buy. One reason for choosing the Burgman 400 is you can get it now. Why waste riding time waiting for the Majesty to be released? Another reason is that the Burgman has been available in the US for a couple of years and the dealers are offering good deals on 2003 models still on the floor. The price difference more than tips the scales in favor of the Burgman. Get the 400 Burgman. I'm very pleased with mine.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Tops, depends on if you want to ride this summer. The Majesty is supposed to be available in August? 05 400s will be available in Sept/Oct or Jan depending on who you talk to. Nobody knows if there will be any real changes to the 05 400s. My guess would be no changes, but the 400 has been basically the same bike since 1999. The only big change was the FI in 03. What about 04 400s?

If I was not in a hurry, I would wait and look at the Majesty. It looks like a nice bike, but I would want to ride before buying one.

But you maybe wasting time if you wait and choose the 400 anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also very interested in what the 05 400s changes or improvements will be.

Last week, I finally ordered the AN400 K4 by my local dealer. :D
I can't wait anymore :)

Best

T.C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts