Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
It's stories like these that reinforce why I have gotten into riding a bike. Last year when I was 56 my husband said he wanted to take motorcycle riding lessons. I told him that he could only if I took them with him. He was shocked. The real reason I got into this is because I have wanted to do it for a long time, but never took the time nor had the nerve and my wonderful sister-in-law died of heart problems when she was 56 and never got to really enjoy life. She was too busy raising a family and all of the things that go along with that.

Well, our kids are in their 20's and we are in our 50's and we are having more fun than we have ever had. Riding has brought my husband and me closer. Our relatives think we are nuts, but to heck with them. At least we are doing what we want to do. The only problem is, we still have this work thing that has to happen to pay for our new hobby. You only live once. You might as well enjoy it. Everytime I get on my bike I tell my sister-in-law to get on, I know she is there finally having fun, too.

BTW, 50 is not that old.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.