Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
If your talking 400cc and over then as far as I know Suzuki is it. Yamaha doesnt think the Candian market is ready for the majesty or the t-max.Honda seems to think the same by not offering Canadians the Silverwing. Kawasaki dont have a scooter and the I don't know of any Canadian dealerships for the Piaggo and the likes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed an ad in Cycle Canada that showed that Aprilia was now available in Canada...Burlington Cycle being closest dealer to me. It shows the Scarabeo 500 and the Atlantic 200 here now.(I read that the 500 may be on the way for next year) I was wondering if perhaps the other European Maxi scooters were going to follow or are already following with their models ie Malaguti Spidermax GT500, Piaggio X9 500, Honda Silverwing etc. I was searching the net for an article that might indicate whats on the horizon for Canada. I'd like to have a look at the other maxi scooters.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sorry to get side tracked here but did you hear that Burlington Cycle was robbed on the weekend. Apparently alot of bikes and accessories were stolen. This info was gathered from another forum I belong to.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Scooters in Canada

Scooters and the Canadian market will be changing in the next couple of years. I heard rumoured that the Transport Canada guidlines for scooter importation is going to be revamped and therefore lots of the stupid regulations for scooters will be dropped. Like rear floor brakes, lights etc. It is too bad that alot of the neat and innovative 2 wheeled vehicles available in Europe are not available here in North America. Its probably due to attitudes and our open wide roads. Bigger and wider open spaces here as opposed to the older narrow avenues found in the typical European city, make a small scooter very practical there.

However, with the gas prices going they way they are maybe we'll see attitude changes. In the big smoke (Toronto), Vespa is now represented in Canada and is importing their 125 and 150 cc all metal body scooters. These are the only two models as far as their website indicates (find them by Google). I would love to see the X9, X8, their 200 automatic 4 stroke with ABS here. None of the other Italian makers such as you mention are here yet. Its probably that our market isn't big enough to justify the huge investment for dealership representation. You have to remember, those that are building them are businessmen and there have been many times even with the big 4 (Japanese), money was lost. hang on to your hats because I predict the mega scooter market is just in it's infancy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too bad everyone is sold out of the Aprilia Scarabeo 500 around Hamilton ....I'd like to have a look at one of them. Looks like a big vespa but Burgman size.

·
Registered
48 Posts
just a quick note to say that a scooter shop here in edmonton alberta canada is now the authorized vespa dealer around here .selling the 50cc 2 stroke and the 150 -4 stroke with the 200 cc coming in july . there name is top gear and there number is (780) 438-8399

1 - 8 of 8 Posts