Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my dealer phoned me today to find out how many kms on my bike as suzuki canada wanted to know before they sent out the repair kit to the dealer for the gear in the swing arm. at least they are admitting it has a prolbem now . he said it should be here in a week

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
racall

yes the recall is to get the gear in the swingarm to stop the diesel noise. as far as just asking and they will do it ,i have been asking since last year and they have never admitted that they had a prolbem until yesterday

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I finally got my 650 back today. It had been in the shop for 3 1/2 weeks waiting for the "dieseling noise" fix. The part came promptly, but there was a delay in getting the special tool needed to install it. There is still a faint ticking noise (Suzuki has said that there would be when my dealer requested the warranty repair for me). But it is a lot quieter than it was.
We actually didn't run into any problem getting the fix authorized.

The not so nice news is that they returned the machine to me with the brake lights and right rear turn signal not working :( . I didn't discover that until I was a mile or two away from the dearlership. First right turn I noticed that my signal indicator lamp was blinking rapidly. I headed back to the dealership, and then a squirrel tried to kill me. It ran back & forth in front of me while I braked hard - not realizing that my brake lights were also non-functional. Fortunately, there was not a car close behind me. They had apparently pulled a wire plug out while working on the machine and had not reconnected it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts