Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my wife and I ate at a new restaurant in our town. Both the food and the service are really good. Price is fair for what you get. I parked my Burgman outside in their motorcycle parking (only place in town with specified motorcycle parking) so I am going to try to share a picture of my bike as shared from my Google Plus account. Let me know if you guys can see my bike...

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yup, scooter in a MC parking space. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to see if I can make it bigger...

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yup, bigger picture.

My question is, the space seems to spell out "Motorcycle Parking", one word over the other, font of equal size. How in the heck does the "E" in "Motorcycle" get over the "N" in "Parking"? Motorcycle is a longer word. "Cycle Parking" perhaps?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, bigger picture.

My question is, the space seems to spell out "Motorcycle Parking", one word over the other, font of equal size. How in the heck does the "E" in "Motorcycle" get over the "N" in "Parking"? Motorcycle is a longer word. "Cycle Parking" perhaps?
It actually says "CYCLE PARKING" in upper case. I asked the owner and she told me that this way it covers both bicycles and motorcycles in her mind.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a pair of Givi E-41's for those times when my E21's just aren't big enough although the E-41's make the bike as wide as a small car. Hence the E-21's for everyday. Yup, the bike is ready to tour.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
213 Posts
Doug, do those bags detach quickly from the bike? And is the mounting rack a stock item, or did you have to fabricate it?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doug, do those bags detach quickly from the bike? And is the mounting rack a stock item, or did you have to fabricate it?
The bags come off and go on via a key. They are mounted using the EOS mounting plates for Givi that I bought on Ebay (the bags came from Austria, Europe). After buying the EOS plates, I recommend the Kiwi Dave racks (he is a member here) because his racks are made of heaver material. My EOS racks have held up well (no rips in the metal), but have bent some in the year I have used them. But then the Givi E-41 bags are huge and put a lot of weight and pull on the racks if they are full. I expect the EOS racks would not have bent at all if I had initially put the smaller Givi E-21's on from the start.

It takes me about one minute to take both of the small hard bags off and another minute to mount my large hard bags and most of the time doing so is taken up by me putting one set of bags into my shop and getting the others out.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like those EOS mounts from eBay was it?
Yes, see my post above regarding the mounts.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't it intended for cycles to park within the lines?
You can't really see from my picture but those are just crosshatch lines. Not enough room in between them to park a motorcycle as if you tried, the bike would hang over into the car parking spot on one side.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yes, see my post above regarding the mounts.
Do you have any other closer photos of the bags/mounts on the side? It appears the bags are kicked out in front vs. Dave's that are tucked in a bit.

If they are kicked out a bit in front do you have any issues with wind catching them and the wind trying to pull them off the bike at speed?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have any other closer photos of the bags/mounts on the side? It appears the bags are kicked out in front vs. Dave's that are tucked in a bit.

If they are kicked out a bit in front do you have any issues with wind catching them and the wind trying to pull them off the bike at speed?
They are kicked out some in the front. When I originally mounted them I thought it might be a concern. It is surprisingly not. I don't feel them on the bike at all even with my monster Givi E-41's on the bike. I do drop about 2 miles per gallon with the E-41's and less than one mile per gallon with the Givi E-21's mounted. But no difference in feel at all with either. Having them tipped out a little in front does make one difference, my co-rider (usually my wife) can get on and off of the bike as the tip out allows a little more room for their leg (can't do a swing over to mount because of the top box).

If you still want some close ups it will have to wait until tomorrow as it is dark here now and the bike is put away in the motorcycle shop (too crowded in there to take pics with three bikes in it).

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If you still want some close ups it will have to wait until tomorrow as it is dark here now and the bike is put away in the motorcycle shop (too crowded in there to take pics with three bikes in it).
Yes please, thanks and no rush.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts