Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
16,975 Posts
Can it not be achieved by fitting Dog Bones ? I say this as my brief ownership with a X-ADV 750 had dog bones fitted to lower the bike.
If so I am sure there are a few engineers out there who could machine you up one or a pair ?
It could ......

However, the "dogbones" (links) are not individual items, but a fabricated assembly (Item 12 below). Could be cut and shut with side plates welded onto the existing links?
Extreme care would be required to maintain alignment of the mounting holes.
The result would mean less clearance between the rear wheel and the trunk base. Not much there as standard, on full bump, so.....:unsure:
View attachment 103236 View attachment 103237

I think the result, if it did improve OP's comfort, will detract from the scoot's handling.
The 400 has a lever system and the steel part (Dog Bone) between the shock and the frame can be made shorter or longer a little. On the Eco-Exo Forum Roger B used a 2008 AN400 and found the shock mount would not raise the back of the trike and it would bottom out on big bumps. So he had a machine shop make one about 1 inch longer. It was a PITA to install but it gave him the extra 1/2 inch raise so not to bottom out.

Reactions: Bigmc

· Administrator
16,975 Posts
If the handle bars are 22mm or 7/8 inch a set of Bar riser may be all you need.

This set from Amazon is less than $30 US$. It will raise the handlebar up 1 inch and back 13/16 inch.

You will need to re-route the wiring, brakelines and throttle cables a bit. And the handlebar cover may not fit well so most leave it off.

And if you have Amazon Prime, free shipping and 'No Questions' Returns.

Reactions: wspollack

· Administrator
16,975 Posts
I moved the questions about Headlights from the other post to its own thread. So please, no more Headlight questions on this one.

Adding another question in the middle of a post does not always get answered.
Always best to start a new one JUST ON 1 TOPIC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts