Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to convert a digital image to use as an avatar (jpeg) but cannot get the file size down small enough. Even at 60 x 60 pixels I have a 12k file but as you can guess the image is too small to be useful. Any suggestions/help? Do I need specialized software to convert images? Do I save in a different format? I had a look at Bill's and it appeared to be
160 x 160 or there abouts but weighs in at 5k. By the way, I'm using a Mac. Yea, they are easy to use, but I never claimed to be bright!

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
JPG is usually the best format. Reducing the number of colors in the image will reduce the file size. You can crank up the compression in the JPG to reduce the file size further. If you need help, you can send me the file and I'll see what I can do. I'll PM you my direct email address.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer guys, but I really want to wrestle with this for a bit longer, I'm pretty darn stubborn! You may see something from me later in the day though. There are some features in iPhoto that I just came across that may help me.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Rubble said:
I really want to wrestle with this for a bit longer, I'm pretty darn stubborn!
Good for you! That's the best way to learn. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts