Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike packed up last week and i need to get to work sorting it out of getting rid
however i want to ask a few questions as to whether its the engine of electrics
the ignition turns on ans when you try to start it then i get click..its new battery and charged.....so i can assume its not the bit off the system
However, when i came off the bike a piece of the plastic broke off on the right bottom under the floor boards exposing the damper and what looks like the a starter solenoid?......would that bit have been adversely affected by the heavy rain i had to ride through home and so cause a failure n the engine.
I assume the rear belt has not broken as when i turn the rear wheel i can hear what sounds like a belt moving.Last time it snapped the engine went but the wheel didnt move!
is there a way i can turn the engine over without a disassembling job so that i dont waste time stripping the wrong bits......I have since rechecked the oil and as per usual the oil level is low.but some seems to be still dripping out of the back of the engine.I assume through the breather tube....it never did that before.....or is it a symptom that can be recognised?
Thanks folks

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
You can remove the CVT filter then put a wrench on the primary pulley and turn it. That will turn the engine over. Be sure to turn it in the direction it would normally turn when running which would be counter clockwise. You will probably have to remove the spark plug to be able to turn it over.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buffalo said:
You can remove the CVT filter then put a wrench on the primary pulley and turn it. That will turn the engine over. Be sure to turn it in the direction it would normally turn when running which would be counter clockwise. You will probably have to remove the spark plug to be able to turn it over.
scratched head and asks....where is that found...the spanner and spark plug i can handle :D

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
I assume it is like the one on my 06 400 but I may be wrong as I've never seen a pre 03 400. The 400 only arrived over here in 2003. The CVT on my 06 is located on the front of the CVT cover right behind the end of the left floorboard. You take off 2 bolts to remove the cover then 2 screws to remove the filter and expose the bolt behind it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buffalo said:
I assume it is like the one on my 06 400 but I may be wrong as I've never seen a pre 03 400. The 400 only arrived over here in 2003. The CVT on my 06 is located on the front of the CVT cover right behind the end of the left floorboard. You take off 2 bolts to remove the cover then 2 screws to remove the filter and expose the bolt behind it.

Ahh cheers.i shall investigate to morrow. The chances are mine is in the same place.just wish i had a garage instead of having to do it all in the open lol

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
and yes if the solenoid jammed the starter into the flywheel you could have had a fake engine failure at the flywheel end , leaking oil would indicate cracked block maybe caused by that wierder things have happened

·
Registered
40 Posts
Buffalo said:
You will probably have to remove the spark plug to be able to turn it over.
i was able to turn it by hand, although, a wrench would have been safer and if i had pulled the sparkplug out i wouldnt have gotten my finger stuck between the outer pully and the cvt case.
not fun. be careful when putting your fingers in such a tight space

1 - 7 of 7 Posts