Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That's a bloody good question. I've got a 2014 with the Givi rack, topcase and the E22 side cases. My problem generally seems to be that I bulk out before I weigh out. So like you I've looked at larger cases.
Here's what I wanted to put on.

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/cases/trekker-series/trk33n-trekker-case-33ltr-detail

To my eye and feel, the Givi racks appear to be plenty strong enough as long as you're not completely stupid about how much weight you put into the cases. That does however make me wonder just why Givi would make a statement that only the E21 or E22 cases are acceptable? The E22's also have a sticker inside that says not to ride faster than 120 kmh (75 mph) with the cases on but I have exceeded that and not had an issue.

So I guess the only question I have left is the physical fit. So I'm going to stop by my dealer and test-fit the cases first and then go from there.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed

Those cases would look great on the Burg! You should let me know how that works for you. I would love something bigger than those 22's. And 33 should be even safer than the ones I want. I might contact Givi and ask them.

That's a bloody good question. I've got a 2014 with the Givi rack, topcase and the E22 side cases. My problem generally seems to be that I bulk out before I weigh out. So like you I've looked at larger cases.
Here's what I wanted to put on.

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/cases/trekker-series/trk33n-trekker-case-33ltr-detail

To my eye and feel, the Givi racks appear to be plenty strong enough as long as you're not completely stupid about how much weight you put into the cases. That does however make me wonder just why Givi would make a statement that only the E21 or E22 cases are acceptable? The E22's also have a sticker inside that says not to ride faster than 120 kmh (75 mph) with the cases on but I have exceeded that and not had an issue.

So I guess the only question I have left is the physical fit. So I'm going to stop by my dealer and test-fit the cases first and then go from there.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have both Givi e-41's as well as a set of Givi e-21's. I run the e-41's on my Burgman 650 on longer trips and my e-21's the rest of the time. The only real difference I have seen is that I tend to catch my e-41's on things such as posts and car bumpers when I have them on. The e-41's make the rear on the Burgman really, really wide (half the width of my Honda CRV at least). I also drop about 2-3 miles per gallon with the e-41's on due to the additional wind drag of the wide bags I think.

Doug

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I have the 22's on my 650 for every day riding , but I also have a set of 41's when needed . The 22's are top loaders so it's very easy to load and unload . The 41's are side loaders so you really need duffle bag inserts to get full use of the space . Unless you are going to be doing a lot of traveling the 22's should work well for you , for 22's they carry a surprising amount of gear .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The 22's are top loaders so it's very easy to load and unload . The 41's are side loaders so you really need duffle bag inserts to get full use of the space .
That's why I'm looking at the Trekker series. Givi has come up with a unique way of having them work as either a side-loader full clamshell or by closing two tabs inside, they become top loaders. Seems the best of both worlds to me.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have the 22's on my 650 for every day riding , but I also have a set of 41's when needed . The 22's are top loaders so it's very easy to load and unload . The 41's are side loaders so you really need duffle bag inserts to get full use of the space . Unless you are going to be doing a lot of traveling the 22's should work well for you , for 22's they carry a surprising amount of gear .

TheReaper!
I guess I should have mentioned the fact that the E-21's as well as the E-22's are top loaders. The E-41's are side loaders but that little locking door on the E-41's is mighty handy to put small items in and out of the E-41's.

Anyhow, thanks Reaper for mentioning something that I had left out.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts