Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While putting in a new battery one of the battery terminal screws fell thru one of the openings directly behind the battery and disappeared. Could it have fallen somewhere where it will cause any damage or problems?

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
If it is laying loose in the front leg shield
it won't be long that it will fall out as you ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My concern is that the screw could have ended up wedged under the fuel tank where it could rub against the tank eventually creating a leak. Anyone who has actually disassembled the 650 know if this is possible?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
My concern is that the screw could have ended up wedged under the fuel tank where it could rub against the tank eventually creating a leak. Anyone who has actually disassembled the 650 know if this is possible?
I have taken a couple of them apart and found lost battery screws but no damage.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Anything is possible but I would not think it is likely it would rub on the tank. The battery box is in front of the tank on the 650 so the screw is more likely to be sitting on the top of the engine.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Anything is possible but I would not think it is likely it would rub on the tank. The battery box is in front of the tank on the 650 so the screw is more likely to be sitting on the top of the engine.
The battery leans back though and there is a shield (goes from under the battery in front to under/back of fuel tank) between the frame and fuel tank they usually end up on. they would be between the shield and fuel tank, but while possible I think it's unlikely to damage it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have done the exact same thing and to put your mind @ ease no nothing bad will happen! The screw is sitting there waiting for you to find it in the future. Mark

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found the screw. Had to take the battery back out and the battery box/fuel tank cover. The screw was just under the front of the fuel tank. Had to use a magnet to get it out but very easy to do. My opinion is that if the screw stayed there long enough eventually it could have wedged under the tank but who knows.
Thanks everyone for your replies.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad you got it out of there! Using the magnet to pluck it outta there was a great idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts