Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Can’t go above 25 mph

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike33 
#1 ·
Bought a 2009 AN 400 with only 998 miles. Ran great for a day. Called previous owners and they told me they had let it sit for a while without draining fluids. They changed the oil before I purchased. I changed the fuel filter and strainer mechanism and put fresh fuel in the tank. Fires up perfectly and runs for approx half a mile before bogging any time I pull back on the throttle. I have the hold the throttle in the perfect spot for it to not completely bog to a stop. Spark plugs are good. Air filter has been changed. What am I missing. I’m losing my freaking mind.

#2 ·
If you look above at the pinned topics there is on on fuel contamination and an in line filter. I'm thinking you are still getting some type of fuel starvation. The tank has a lining that seems to deteriorate if the gas isn't changed for some time and then starts to flakes off. This seems to be a common problem with older models with low mileage. Some gas is getting through but when you pull back on the throttle, not enough. Maybe some heavy duty fuel system cleaner also?

Reactions: Mike33
#3 ·
Clayton, read thru this thread. The gas tank on the 400's is steel and old gas has water condensation and that rusts inside the tank. A member may be close to you that can help.

Reactions: Rusty J
#5 ·
Good job! You seem to know your way around mechanical engines pretty well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.