Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members,

:idea: Last week Ray Anderson and I got togheter in Huntingoton Beach to talk to eachother about our machines, and we thought it would be nice to do a gathering of all the So Cal forum members to get to know better among us. We don't have a date and/or place but, I thnk that if we start planning it, we can organize a nice gathering..

I suggest we all start posting propossed dates, places and activities until we narrow it down to the options that work best for all of us (migz u there?)... please comment and feel free to post ANY idea to make this happen! I assure you, It is always nice to make new friends and even nicer when you share a common interest with them!
:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
let me know how far from vegas you will be. I might make the trip.
-Bryan

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can meet anywhere in Orange County, CA on Saturday or Sunday mornings - just let me know about a week ahead of time (just to make sure 'the commander' a.k.a. 'wife' doesn't have anything else planned) and I'll make the time! :D Just send me a PM ...

·
Registered
520 Posts
richardhdz said:
Hello fellow members,

:idea: Last week Ray Anderson and I got togheter in Huntingoton Beach to talk to eachother about our machines, and we thought it would be nice to do a gathering of all the So Cal forum members to get to know better among us. We don't have a date and/or place but, I thnk that if we start planning it, we can organize a nice gathering..

I suggest we all start posting propossed dates, places and activities until we narrow it down to the options that work best for all of us (migz u there?)... please comment and feel free to post ANY idea to make this happen! I assure you, It is always nice to make new friends and even nicer when you share a common interest with them!
Seems to me a nice ride may be from The Huntington Beach Pier to San Diego and when you hit Oceanside (where I live), take the Coast Highway to maybe Del Mar or something? Or if you head inland, Palomar Mountain etc. ENDLESS possibilities. Lost my job so almost always available. Mike

·
Registered
194 Posts
So.Cal.

Wow ,

You lucky ducks, wish we had that many people in NH for all this fun :) Have fun......wish I could be there too :) Diana

·
Registered
14 Posts
another SoCal Rider

Hi all,
I haven't been here for several months, sorry. I must appolgise that I have defected to the DARK SIDE, well it's white. I purchased a '89 Honda Pacific Coast from one of the flight engineers in the squadron. He bought a Harley and didn't have space in his garage for two toys. He as the original owner and it only had 10k miles. I couldn't say no and it was
$3k cheaper than buying a new Burger. Now, I must shift gears which makes it more work to ride, but then the 800cc twin has really lit my tail, so to speak. Now my wife wants a toy, but not a motorcycle and has been looking at the 400. She needs to take the M/C safety course first. She has never ridden anything other that a bicycle, not even a scooter.
I'll still be lerking around in this form and enjoying the imput from each and everyone of you. I'll chime in occassionally, though.

Rob in SoCal
Hemet, Riverside County
'89 Honda PC "The White Wabbit"

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Rob,

Feel free to speak up whenever you have something to contribute. We have had some excellent posts from non-Burgman owners lately. I kind of enjoy hearing about other scooters/bikes from time to time. The best Burgman enthusiast is one who has an awareness of the overall scooter and motorcycling scene, which gives some perspective on where we fit into the overall picture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Paul,

One feature I like about the PC is that it is enclosed in plastic. It's like a scoot or steroids, Body by Tupperware. The panels are easly removable and it is shaft drive. No drive belts to change. What makes the engine different is that there are two spark plugs per cyclnder, hum.

What I like about the maxiscooters is that you don't need to throw your leg over the bike, just step through. A positive feature with the Burgie is the engine is mounted on the bike frame and not part of the swing axle, I think. The swing axle mounting is a carry over from the scooter days and just fine for low speed riding, i.e. city crusing. At high speeds, I would think it would take a beating. Especially here in the USA where distances are greater that in Europe.

So much for now.

Rob in So Cal

·
Registered
2 Posts
richardhdz said:
Hello fellow members,

Count me in!! I'm ready to go any Saturday or Sunday I am in San Diego (which is most). I'll keep an eye on this forum.

Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be past the initial 600 mile service milestone on my AN650 shortly. Ready to meet fellow Burgmeisters in So. Cal. Have we done a gettogether ride yet? Any coming up?

-riskybiz

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Fellow Burgmen,
Don't know if Goleta (Santa Barbara) is considered part of So Cal, but I am ready to rumble. Just did my 2nd service(4000 mile) on the 650 and completed a 4 day trip with my wife in the mountains around Frazier Park, CA.
I am happy to announce that the 650 works very well at 5000+ft elevation, thank you very much!
I know that it's a long way to come up here, but we do have some pretty neat riding: from the seashore to the mountains, through vineyards and citrus groves.
If you ever you plan anything up around this way, please let me know.
GinDrinker
:D
PS: do any of you ride mid-week...so much more pleasant than week-ends. I do; one of the pleasures of being self-employed.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts