Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take my battery out for several months and noticed that there are two terminals and cables attached to a plastic box which is on the batteries plastic cover.

Took that off as well as undid another electrical coupling and then undid the terminal cables to remove the battery.

My question is what are the two cables attached to the plastic box and what is the electrical coupling.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Yes it is the starter relay.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I attached some Battery Tender Charging Cables to the battery on my B650.

That way it is very easy to keep the battery fully charged, during it's winter Hibernation.

Just keep the battery above 80% charged and it will be fine, once charged, pull off charger for a week, then back on till fully charged, then off for another week.

As it is not good to keep the charger on it all the time, either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I left my 650 in the garage and went on a 3 month trip on May 18, 2013. My return was delayed and I arrived home after 5 months. The bike would not start, so on with a battery charger. After a 5 hour charge the bike started. No problems.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Battery tenders can be left on, the will charge till charged then basically keep it topped up.

I have this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Battery-Tender-Junior-Charger/15779492

I did as suggested on my 400 and 650 just connect a cable with sae connectors , I do the same on my FJR too. 1 tender multiple bikes

Some people have installed a motobatt battery that has four " poles" and used the extra poles for charger leads or a power center like the pc8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts