Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the FI light come on yesterday within a few miles after a fuel stop. I installed a switch last year to be able to catch the error code since I had after the first FI light, do not know what the first code showed. Anyway it came up C44 so I am curious if anyone has done anything to correct the C44. I see the part is $200 so I don't plan on replacing the part unless I have to. The C44 did not come back on after I turned the bike off. Rode another 70 miles with no problem.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
check the connection and wiring of the heated oxygen sensor, if it went away for awhile maybe related to that.

report back the results.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
I don't have my manual handy to check what a C44 code means but I agree with Fernando that the first thing to do is check the connections to the sensor in question to see they are all good.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
C44 -HO2 Sensor output Voltage is not input to ECM - HO2S Lead wire /Coupler Connection Battery Voltage Supply to the HO2S

·
Registered
363 Posts
C44

Don't know if you are the same gentleman I met at Bikeweek last year with the switch installed on the hump, but if you are, your bike was a 2012. At that time I had a 2008 and since purchased a 2012. I had the F-1 go on and after I turned the engine off it did not come on again. I had it checked at my dealer and it was the O-2 sensor. Had it replaced{ under warranty } and no problems since.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was probably me at Bikeweek last year. I had one FI light some time ago but after turning the key off and back on the dealer could not and would not do any thing about it not knowing what the code was. That was why I put the switch in the circuit. Dealer told me a year ago if they could not get it to fail they would not even look at it. I asked them if it failed again and I got the code what would they do, they said nothing unless they saw it. If it only does it once a year I won't get to excited about it. Other than that its been a good bike.

·
Registered
363 Posts
F-1

Sorry to hear about your dealer's lack of responsiveness. Mine is Spaceport in Titusville and the tech had whatever device he needed to read the fault even after I turned the engine off and was able to identify the problem.:cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer in Kissimmee said once you turn the bike off the code is GONE no way they could look at it. I don't suspect I will be taking the Burgman to them for anything, they have already proven they can not even change the fluids correctly.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed a switch for that diagnostic connector after the first FI error I had a year ago and I can capture the code and keep it if I have to. The Burgman is out of warranty now so I won't be having them look at it. Hopefully it wont come back on but if it does I will worry about it then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
know that is outdatet, but just solved same C44 error at mine 2008 AN650. It was bad contact in connector, where lambda cable is connected to wiring. Location is under the big cover between the drivers legs, under the Screw.
And about heated oxygen sensor = lambda sonda, there I find possible replacement part 1333NGK also OZA523-J1.

good grip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts