Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in the '06 Burgman for an '07 Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Definitely went through more than a little buyers remorse, but the RSV is growing on me. This site has been an invaluable resourse for me these past seven years. A lot of smiles, and a lot of miles on the scoot. Just wanted to try something different, and when I get tired of lugging that behemouth off of its kick stand, I am sure the Burgy will be the next logical choice. Still plan to stick my nose in from time to time, always enjoyed the comradre found here. RSV sites I have found so far seem badly disoraganized, or you have to pay to have access. That said, have a wondrous existence and ride safe! DW

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Enjoy the ride, DW and, we'll see ya when get the scooter jitters again!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree that other forums can't touch this one. This one is the best organized and has the most courteous members of any I have tried. Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase of the 07 RSV. I rode a 03 RSV for 5 years and it ran like a top and we enjoyed many happy hours touring the countryside pulling a tent trailer. Lots of low end torque on that baby.
Venture Rides.org was the most technically helpful forum that I belonged to and gave me plenty of ideas for mods on the bike.
The two best mods I made to the bike were adding an LED light bar beneath the trunk for greater visibility out back and changing out the front tire to a smaller one to aid in slow speed manoeuvrability. As you know, or will find out, the RSV is very top heavy as compared to other touring bikes of a similar weight. Changing out the tire really helped with the handling of the bike when travelling slowly.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Glad to see you will be checking in every now & then. I'll be in you neck of the woods in a couple of weeks. Wife is flying out of McCarran to Sioux Falls to help our daughter move to Phoenix. (I wouldn't be on my 650) ;)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I went the reverse. I traded my RSTD for a Burgman.. I hope you are as happy as I with your choice. Keep the rubber side down.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I agree that other forums can't touch this one. This one is the best organized and has the most courteous members of any I have tried. Good luck with your new bike.
"Babycakes #7" 2006 Burgman 650 - 26,650 miles
Kaoko Throttle Lock

++1

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I too gave up a Burman but, it was not long before I got another scoot

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Had BMWs, bought a Burgman. Sold the BMWs and felt something missing. Bought a V-Star as a backup to my Burgman. You will be back with another Burgman sooner than you think.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably right

Thanks for the ideas on the mods. Additional lighting for the back is a must. I will have to check into that smaller front tire. I have found the front tire is a little less stable in the curves than the burgy, nothing dramatic, just doesn't feel like it plants itself as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts