Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding around without a helmet today. There was a buzzing sound coming from the front of the scooter. I thought it was the rear view mirrors, so I got the Burgman home and put it on the center stand and started the motor.

The front turn signals were buzzing.

I took them apart and could see plastic rub marks on the lamp housing. The signals apparently have been buzzing since I started riding 1700 miles ago. I just got the new 2013 Burgman 650 3 weeks ago.

I put some silicon on the rubbing parts, let it set, then screwed the housings back in. They are now tight.

I was amazed at the shoddy design. Especially after ten years in production.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I remember learning how to read the date codes on cars built in Detroit so you could avoid cars built on a Friday. All sorts of crazy stories about those Friday cars. I particularly liked the one about the liquor bottle inside the door panels.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I remember learning how to read the date codes on cars built in Detroit so you could avoid cars built on a Friday. All sorts of crazy stories about those Friday cars. I particularly liked the one about the liquor bottle inside the door panels.
I once had a Friday Skoda car. Amongst other things it constantly overheated - I had to have the head skimmed, and the screw-in connection on the inlet manifold (for the advance & retard suction pipe) had not been drilled through, It was solid! Now that's pretty sneaky if you think about it because it is not something you would suspect or find quickly AND it must have been like that from NEW! No wonder it overheated! :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Never ride a bike/scooter without a helmet, you will hear sounds from your machine that you will never find and will drive you crazy from now on. Plus riding without a helmet could give you a real buzz.

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the exception of the now fixed buzzing what do you think of the 2013 ?
I love the Burgman. Already have 2000 miles on it.

Interesting the comments on riding without a helmet. I live in Florida, it's legal.

With the quiet, smooth ride, the Burgman is a joy to ride down country roads at about 45 miles an hour with the wind blowing through my hair (at least what's left of it).

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I live in Florida and I'm a lifetime member of ABATE. I believe that wearing a helmet should be a choice, not the law. I fully support those who wish to ride bare-headed. They understand the risks and the person they're most endangering should anything happen is themselves. In Florida, I can legally ride a bike wearing nothing but a speedo and eye protection.

Having said that, I choose to wear that helmet every time. Jacket, gloves, pants, boots, etc too. I don't really preach it; it's just my choice. Do whatever you think is right; that's the whole point of living in America.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts