Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new 2015 Burgman 10 days ago, just reach 800 km. just came back from a ride turned the engine off and remove the key, then a weird short buzzing could be heard, then stop and resume a bit later. This when on on for a few minutes. Then completely stops. I search the site, found some relevance dated from 2008 but no one seems to know the issue.

Any ideas?

Ben

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Cooling fan? Tinnitus? Errant bug stuck in the leg shield?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounded like an electronic buzz/humming. the sound was heard for about 3 seconds and stop and restarted about 20 seconds later, stop again then 30-40 seconds intervals and so on after a few minutes it completely stop. Seems to me the fan would be on longer, no?

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
My guess would be the fan motor. Bet it was a very hot day when it happened. That happens on cars a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went for another ride this morning, weather is increasing. Checked the gas pressure, since I was getting near empty a lot of pressure got out and I caught half a second of that humming sound. Then no more sound..., I will go fill the tank and go for another ride I'll see what happen when I returned.

Ben

·
Registered
857 Posts
Bet it is the fan, mine is much louder on my 2014 than my 2012.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My 2008 has always done this, Its not a buzz though in my opinion but I can't describe the sound. It's electrical whatever it is, like something is activating for a few seconds and stops. Been doing it for 3 years and no issues on mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts