Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tell us your sales story :rolleyes:

I am shopping and calling around for a new 650.

I really would like a 2013 in white If I can get it .

My Goldwing has to sell first , but I wanted to get a jump on it .

I don't like a pushy sales person , and I am out the door with one

that trys to pick you clean .I have always been a shopper and

done very well when buying a Bike .

Tell us your story good and bad .

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought mine used privately. I've found that used prices are much better when bought privately. How far will you travel? I've found that some very good deals can be found on the Internet on leftover Burgmans but you have to be willing to travel. It's a bit late in the year for riding them home so you will need a trailer most likely. I bought a bike many years ago in Utah and rode it home to Pennsylvania - great excuse to take a great ride (it was summer).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well looking to stay sate wide when time comes lucky enough to ride year round :cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The good: I was just starting to research touring scooters and decided on a whim to go to a nearby dealer (not even a Suzi dealer) and see if they had something on the floor my wife and I could ride to see if we even liked them. This was in May of '11. They had an ''09 400 with 185 miles on it. The original owner just couldn't get comfortable on two wheels and she traded it in on a CanAm. This dealership had tried to move one before and it had been slow going for them so, they priced it low to move it on out. It was pristine and, I picked it up for $3200. That was about a grand under book value at the time.

The bad: My wife decided she wanted one of her own, just like mine (pearl white). We see very few used Burgs around here (Grand Junction, Colorado...almost 300 miles west of Denver). In trying to find a WHITE, low mileage (under 10K miles) for a decent price, after a couple months looking I finally had my brother shuttle from Fort Worth to San Antonio, check one out, purchase it and ride it back. i then flew down and rode it the 900+ miles home. all in all, a hassle of a purchase ending in a nice ride.

No ugly but, another pretty good: An '08 650 (non-Exec) with about 5K miles for $3500 this side of Denver. I took a buddy 2 up to get it and had a most excellent ride back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a white 2013 650 I bought 6 months ago. It was new and I paid the dealer 8500 for it out the door. I like everything about it except the front susp. It sucks if you get off on a dirt road or a rough paved rd. I am going to try and go to a heavier fork oil and see if that helps. Other than that it is a great machine..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The situation in Oz is going to be a lot different from what it is here in the States. I'm pretty certain you guys have a place on the internet where you buy and sell used bikes, but I have no idea where. The bottom line is that there are a LOT of good deals out there - but probably not particularly near where you live.

Conveniently, you're logged in here and there are all sorts of folks all over the world who log in regularly. Now say you find a nice bike in Perth, put out the call to see if a forum member who lives near Perth could go and take a look at it for you. If you like the report you get, and you and the seller can agree to a price on the phone, fly out there with the cash and ride her home. If she starts cleanly and seems to run ok, she'll probably make the 3700km home without much difficulty. It's a great way to get to know your new machine too.

I've done this a couple of times here in the States. Been a really good experience both times.

·
Registered
129 Posts
650 used

I was looking to get back on a bike after having traded in my '03 Gold Wing 1800 on an '06 Miata because I wasn't getting much ride time. Miata was a great car, but it wasn't the same as a bike. Decided to sell the Miata and get a transition bike with the intent of passing it on to the wife and eventually getting back to a Wing. Did a lot of research on-line looking at Silver Wing 600 and Burgman 650. At a dealership in Vegas looking at a used Silver Wing when another couple (a bit more elderly than my wife and I) who had had many of the same bikes I had owned. Then mentioned if the S'Wing didn't work out they had an '06 Burgman 650 Exec. they were needing to sell. Had about 3,500 miles on it. Tricky part was they were visiting Vegas, but lived in Boise. They sent pictures and service records. Day after Thanksgiving of '08 I flew to Boise. Test rode the bike, and made the purchase. Left about 5:00 PM to head for the Provo, Utah area to spend the night. Rode through some mountains with very low temps and thought I was going to freeze to death. When I arrived in Provo I sat on the heater in the room for two hours trying to regain normal temp. But, a great bike, and does practically everything my Wing would do. Decided it was a keeper! Now have 50,000 + miles on her and still going strong!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I bought ours new. Ordered them in October, paid cash up front, terms were that I collected them as soon as they arrived (February) so they didn't sit around waiting for spring. I got 10% off the MSRP, saving me about $1000 on each bike.

I'm satisfied, although I know we took a big hit in depreciation. Depreciation only matters when you go to sell them — five years and 50,000 km later, selling them is not a consideration, so neither is the depreciation now.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
857 Posts
I bought my 400 new in 2011, paid what the dealer asked for it because he gave me a great price on my Majesty trade in. Loved it ever since. I guess it was a good deal since I can't remember what I paid for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts