Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: :!:
For those who have been thru the buying process for their burgy, can you pass along any tips to get a better deal. I am in the earlier stages of looking, but the urge to buy is GROWING.

Also what accessories would you recommend buying for the first time scooter rider? I have had other "cycles" in the past, but nothing like the burgman

Sorry if this is a repeat post...searched... but didn't find anything

·
Registered
394 Posts
ksmall1998 said:
For those who have been thru the buying process for their burgy, can you pass along any tips to get a better deal... ...Sorry if this is a repeat post...searched... but didn't find anything
No problem, finding old posts can be challenging at times.
Click on the link below to get to a relative message thread.
"Buying experiences sought"

Good luck!

·
Registered
308 Posts
ksmall1998 said:
:?: :!:
Also what accessories would you recommend buying for the first time scooter rider? I have had other "cycles" in the past, but nothing like the burgman
Your best investment outside of the bike itself would be in the safety department. To me (just my $0.02 here) every new rider should allocate approximately $1k int budget for 'safety' stuff like:

1) The MSF Course
2) A good full-face helmet
3) A good armored leather jacket
4) A good armored pair of gloves (especially for those whose jobs, like myself rely heavy usage of hands/fingers like on a PC, art etc)
5) A good pair of leather boots
6) Pants, leather or if not thick denim riding jeans like Draggins or Icon
7) Back Protector / Spine Armor

Hope that helps ...

·
Registered
793 Posts
ksmall1998,

You will ultimately here about Mail Order Suzuki's that "save you hundreds" that you'll uncrate yourself and assemble.
Don't Buy One Of These!

A Suzuki motorcycle cannot have a valid warranty
unless a Suzuki authorized dealership assembles and sets it up.
There are forms to send to Suzuki after setup, so then a mail order gray-market
seller would have to lie on the form to get you your warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts