Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

I am looking at buying a 2013 Burgman 650 from a dealer here in Australia.

It is new, floor stock and never been registered.

Just wondering is there any difference between the 2013 and 2015?

Also is there anything I should check before buying?

All advice very much appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't think there's a lot of difference. Welcome to BUSA from Austin TX.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome from Cairns and Canada....grab the older models which were imported before the dollar drop.
Can't imagine was a 2015 is going for.

You'll enjoy - commuting and touring...great bike.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would go with whatever one is the most cost effective. I love my Burgman and would not trade it for anything.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Differences between 2013 & 2015? Color is all I can think of.

Things to check? The local classifieds for used Burgmans. They are fantastic bikes, but know going in that they depreciate rapidly in the first 2-3 years, more than half their value from new. I'm not trying to put you off from buying new, just mentally preparing you for an eventuality.

I normally never recommend buying any bike new, unless it's a new, major upgraded model (no used ones around), you really want those upgrades, and you plan on keeping it. The latest Burgman would qualify as a new model, you're not going to find many on the used market. So to really get your money's Worth, you should keep the new bike for as long as possible.

I purchased my 2007 400 brand-new when the upgrade had just come out; complete redesign of the whole bike. It has been the best bike I've ever owned. I've kept it for nine years and it's still running strong. So that "new" purchase turned out to make economical sense.

My 650, on the other hand, I purchased used. There are plenty of them on the used market and I wasn't very interested in the current upgrades on the new model. So "used" it was and economically, it has been a very good purchase also. It all depends on what you're looking for as to what is the best value for you.

Good luck. Hope you get the bike of your dreams.

·
Registered
53 Posts
One thing in favor of the new '13 is the fact that you can add the extended warranty if you choose to, if you buy a used one with an expired warranty that would not be possible. Good luck with it, you will love it which ever one you decide on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts