Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2003 650 with 1000km at a dealer for 8500cdn. Comes with full warranty etc. Has a few minor nicks on the body work. Seems the guy dropped it in his driveway on one side then the other so he got mad and took it back to the dealer. Does it sound like a good deal? :?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
Hi gilles.

Sounds like a good deal to me on this side of the pond - in fact if it was here I would beat you to it.

However I am sure one of our many Canooks will be along to pass judgement.

Ensure it has its first 600 mle service.

Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
Sounds like an OK deal to me. Lets think about it first. List price, in Canadain dollars, was $10,999...add the dealer prep and taxes and your seller probably paid $12,800 out the door if they purchased it in 2003. Could be less or could be higher. But being a 2003 and lets say they purchased it in 2004. Then I bet the price was about $1000 less.

I'd say your are saving $1500 or so buying it used with slight cosmetic damage. If you snooped around and asked a dealer what would be the bottom line price on a 2004 (its near the end of the season) and maybe they have a 2003 (new) sitting around, you could get a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
gilles said:
I found a 2003 650 with 1000km at a dealer for 8500cdn. Comes with full warranty etc. Has a few minor nicks on the body work. Seems the guy dropped it in his driveway on one side then the other so he got mad and took it back to the dealer. Does it sound like a good deal? :?
$8500. (cdn)out the door price or asking price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
asking price

The price was actually not finalized because the burg had just been brought in. It had not been certified or checked over yet. As a matter of fact it was still warm. I guess you could call it a fresh trade-in. Certainly I would dicker on the price first just like all my customers do with me when I sell them a piece of equipment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Hi gilles

I bought my '03 in the fall of '03 and it was a demo with 100kms on it, no scratches what so ever. I paid $8400 for it before taxes. I would offer $7500 and take it from there. "05s should be available soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
There is an 03 for sale at the dealer (Ottawa) I bought mine from, price is $8500 and it has 12,000 kms on it. There was a 2003 for sale, listed in Autotrader.ca (Toronto)for $8700 with 3700 kms on it.
I bought my new 2004 one for $10,500 plus taxes and licence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,323 Posts
Sails said:
There is an 03 for sale at the dealer (Ottawa) I bought mine from, price is $8500 and it has 12,000 kms on it. There was a 2003 for sale, listed in Autotrader.ca (Toronto)for $8700 with 3700 kms on it.
I bought my new 2004 one for $10,500 plus taxes and licence.
Good to know that I could probably sell mine and make money on it after a full year of riding. But I'm keeping it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
allwalk said:
Good to know that I could probably sell mine and make money on it after a full year of riding. But I'm keeping it :D
It was interesting, my dealer would not move on the 2003 with 12K. I pointed out that they were about 9K on mileage on price compared to the one in Toronto. One of the sales guys got really surly and I almost walked out but my sales guy just said no they were locked into the price on it.
He did move on the new one and dropped it the five hundred. To be fair, I kind of pushed the 2003 one but had already decided that if I was going to buy my 'toy' it was going to be a new one and screw the money.

It seems that it will drop the two and a half grand one year to the next but that seems to be the floor. I figure that once there are more out there the floor will rise.
I have no regrets about buying the new one over the used one!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top