Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, greetings from Sydney-AU.

I’m going to inspect a 2012 B650 Exec with 8500km today and I’ve been out of the scooter world for quite a while. I’m know a thing or two about what to check on the bike, but I‘d like to ask the pro’s what to be aware of, when buying one of this bikes.

Any particular issue I should be aware of?

Here is the ad from Gumtree, our local sales website.

@Moderators: if this topic was covered in another section, please forgive me and delete.

Thank you legends!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The bike should be like new with only 8500km on the clock so nothing much will need checking. If it's a one owner and it's been serviced nothing to worry about, just check all the paperwork is in order. Good luck and let us know how you get on. You might get the price down a little by stating that the tyres are 8 years old and could do with replacing.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
The usual.
Unless you're sure the previous owner has done them in living memory. Don't take their word. Check this stuff.
Check all fluids, brake, coolant, oil, and gear oil. Be ready to do 'em all. The brake fluid and coolant are often ignored, but really should be done every few years with the OEM stuff, long life coolant should last longer of course but you can still get deposits, so maybe even a flush and fill in the early maint list..
Check the air filter, possibly replace.
Check the tires for age, odd wear, & year. over 5 years keep an eye on 'em, or just replace 'em if they show signs of decay.
8500 km. The OEM plugs should be gould. Mine went about 16k before I started noticing blowout on them gapped 'em ran 'em to 18k, then replaced 'em with Iridium plugs. So far 16k on those with no issues.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I purchased a used 2012 AN650 Ex last August with almost exactly the same mileage as this one. I changed all the fluids and tried to save money by keeping the tires, which was a mistake. The rear one failed quickly, for reasons not related to age, when I got a puncture, but the front one failed months later when I was doing some long-distance riding 1,000 miles away from home. Although the tire looked OK with plenty of tread, and did not seem dried out, one of the belts must have broken and the tire scalloped severely. I was lucky to find a tire shop that could get and install a new tire for me that day, but it could have ruined my entire trip. Lesson learned: Replace old tires, too.

If you purchase the bike, get to know this website. LeDude is our AN650 expert, and I have benefited tremendously from his knowledge. Also, based on his testing and recommendation, I have switched over to the bias ply Shinko SR567 and SR568 tires, which cost half as much as the standard Bridgestones and seem to be holding up well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you eall guys! There she is, just like some of you expected. Still on its original 2012 tyres, no scratches, garaged ever since, but at least with oil changed. Already changed the tyres, but need to change the coolant and the brake fluid.
Tks for the tips!

5F850AED-F64B-41FC-884F-59DBED04409A.jpeg
D5E06BF8-E32F-4B71-8D99-721F8ABFC5A5.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts