Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Can't really say Mitch where the hottest deal would be, as shops might have their clearances on various days. The standard price for it is around $145, e.g. at SHS Powersports, Boulevardsuzuki etc. That is if your after the OEM part, of course.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, not hurt to check :)

this is 3rd belt and almost 17,000 miles on it, I am at 50,400 miles right now... time to replace!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i order my belts from partsfish.com dillon brothers out of nebraska i believe. good customer service. they also offer coupon codes. free shipping or discounted price. i once broke a belt after only a couple thosand miles and they sent me a replacement belt free of charge after i sent them the broken one. i highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
i order my belts from partsfish.com dillon brothers out of nebraska i believe. good customer service. they also offer coupon codes. free shipping or discounted price. i once broke a belt after only a couple thosand miles and they sent me a replacement belt free of charge after i sent them the broken one. i highly recommend them.
Was that a Suzuki Belt? or an offbrand??

I am at 22,600 -- have one on hand and sliders to replace rollers (need to get'er done SOON, I think).

Saw several in the $152 to $155 range (OEM ones) when shopping.

http://www.westfieldyamaha.com/ has an Online Site for Parts. Good Folks.

The link below is for a 2011 Burgman 400 Belt.

http://www.onlinecycleparts.com/oemparts/a/suz/505a00b5f8700203b4ed139c/transmission-1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Drive belt replacement

Nowadays, Japanese Yen is cheaper than before. I have just got a drive belt from below web site.

Amazon.co.jp: アールケー(RK) RK-2228SV GATES スクーターベルト スズキ: Car & Bike Products

It was approximately $54.:)

This is my second one. I am using the first one about 16500 miles without any problem, and I want to replace it soon. The first one was $67 when Japanese Yen is more expensive than now.

Shipping from Japan, I used below web site. It is not as easy as before. Shipping cost was about $25.

http://www.tenso.com/en/

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I couldn't find an aftermarket belt for my B400. So I bought the Suzi belt.

Apparently the earlier B400's use a different belt that is CHEAPER too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Need to search with "SKYWAVE" or "スカイウェイブ" instead of "Burgman" in Japan.

Skywave 250 uses different drive belt from 400. Also, older skywave has different drive belt.

RK-GATES RK-2228SV: Skywave 400 2007 or later
RK-GATES RK-2227SV: Skywave 400 before 2007

Another web site for the drive belt. You can buy this through "Buyee".

http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q44578293

·
Registered
32 Posts
The site from Yahoo is little more expensive than that from Amazon. Maybe about $60. Also, need Japan domestic shipping cost.

I rode my Burgman 400 with my first RK-GATES RK-2228SV for about 16500 miles. This belt is noisier than Suzuki OEM drive belt when starting (when the cluthch coupling). Other than the noise, the belt is fine. Even I ride very cold temperature at 15F in November Michigan, the belt is still fine.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Rakuten -- possibly the biggest market in Japan. I usually buy stuff from there. Need to say, if order 1 item only it's not cheaper than to buy locally.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
/\ It's $78 for the belt now. But a deal compared to the Suzook belt :) Thanks

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Well, My Belt Arrived, A $170 Belt Hope it's worth it...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Check G&S Suzuki. They're out of Texas. Not the best internet sales or shipping speed, but the best prices I could find

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Check G&S Suzuki. They're out of Texas. Not the best internet sales or shipping speed, but the best prices I could find
Thanks. Will Be sure to check,, $170 is way to high will be sure to look them up on my next Belt,,,

Elliott,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts