Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a Top Sellerie seat, and it has a different buttrest adjustment mechanism than my original seat:
[attachment=0:1x41utz7]buttrest lock 1.jpg[/attachment:1x41utz7]

My Burgman is a K7, is this mechanism from an older or newer type?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
All of mine look like the second photo (standard 650's '03, '05, '06, and '09), never seen one like the first photo before. Exec model maybe?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Ditto photo #2.

·
Registered
704 Posts
'12 Exec is Photo #2. Same my standard '04 was.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't seen the two seats together yet, and I have a growing fear that the new seat won't fit.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for that video link, which I can use as proof towards Top Sellerie.

My guess is that some previous customer ripped them off and sent them a (much cheaper and easily available) seat from a 400 when he bought a seat for a 650.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
ErikDK said:
Thanks a lot for that video link, which I can use as proof towards Top Sellerie.

My guess is that some previous customer ripped them off and sent them a (much cheaper and easily available) seat from a 400 when he bought a seat for a 650.
Thats not a good reason to roll his loss onto you.

It looks like a nice 400 seat. Anyone around you that might like it? Not sure how much shipping it back to them would cost, might be better for them to refund the moneys you paid and let you keep it. RockAuto.com did that for me on 12 Jeep's pushrods. The cost was $18 but they sent the wrong parts and shipping them back at their cost was $13. They sent the right ones overnight and told me to keep the wrong ones. So I have 12 pushrods for a mid 50's Ford 6 cylinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts