Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ! I'm trying to remove the screws that hold the butt rest in place. Others have had problems with the screws being to tight. Mine are loose but won't come out. I've tried tweezers, magnetic stick, even tried super glue on the tip of my screw driver. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
As noted ,many have had problems with this. Best idea I've seen is a dremal tool to grind off the head. And then leave them out as they are not needed for anything but grief!

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Are these the ones you are trying to take out? Try a needle nose pliers, turning the screws while pulling on them, good luck.

[attachment=0:q820f402]underview of 400 seat.jpg[/attachment:q820f402]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
If they turn easy and don't unscrew they are stripped and no good.
You might as well cut/grind/chisel/drill the head off like mentioned above.
My screws have been out for years and will never go back on.

Nice diagram Bearcat! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
My wife says I have a screw loose! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
bearcat said:
My wife says I have a screw loose! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brad, I concur with wifie. :D

I had one that came out hard and the other just spun and spun. I drimel'ed it out at 35,000 RPM and lots of smoke.

I never put that stupid buttstop back on, I have a perfect BearCat Backrest. I have sold two buttstops to be used as top box backrests. About all they are good for.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
As noted ,many have had problems with this. Best idea I've seen is a dremal tool to grind off the head. And then leave them out as they are not needed for anything but grief!
The dremel tool will not work as the screw spins aimlessly. I have had this happen on two screws. I tried the super glue and others to no avail. it may be easier on the 650 seat to cut the head off, but you would have to cut into the plastic of the seat to make room as you would probably have to go under the head to cut it off. I sold a seat only to buy another one with the same problem.

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
I used 2 small grinding stones and a small screwdriver to lever it sideways while grinding it down. I did not cut it off. Ground down just enough that I could pull it thru the tube. NOT alot of room there.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The first thing you need is a JIS ( Japanese industry standard)screw driver , not the common Phillips head we see in everyone's tool box.
I believe the one that comes in the OEM tool kit is JIS , but I am not sure.

The screws are admittedly a bugger to get out, I ended up using a very small long nosed pair of needle nosed pliers to get under the heads of the screws , applied pressure to lift them up and then using a JIS screw driver they came out.

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
I said it before, C4 and Det cord.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Let me know how it goes....