Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it slid all the way back, but it won't lock in. When I open the seat up it falls right out. Anything I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
243 Posts
There are notch's in the left side tube that the latch should lock into.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they're there. Seems the latch to hold it is frozen up or something. Is there any kind of way to get at it without destroying the seat? I was able to work it back and forth but I still prefer the way the latch is on the 400. Much easier to slide in and out.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Open seat all way up, on left side (back look to front) there be a metal latch that serve to unlock butt rest from seat, it close on notch on butt rest rod, latch may be in open position or not in place, or missing.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
If the 'stop-screws' on the end of the rods
have already been removed, go ahead &
slide the butt-stop all the way out.
Now you can remove the latch mechanism
from the seat pan, & see what repairs are
needed to make it work properly.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. When I slide it all the way out I don't see a way to take the mechanism out from the seat pan

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
can you post a picture of the butt pad?

When you look at the underside of the seat, do you see 2 small screws in the post of the backrest bracket?

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
Ok. When I slide it all the way out I don't see a way to take the mechanism out from the seat pan
You can take it loose by removing the two large screws on the bottom of the pan. As far as I know there is no way to get it out without taking the cover and pad off the seat.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. When I go to re do the seat and all I guess I'll have to tackle that as well. Thanks guys

·
Registered
364 Posts
You can take it loose by removing the two large screws on the bottom of the pan. As far as I know there is no way to get it out without taking the cover and pad off the seat.
Adding to the above.
Once you get the seat apart, look for a spring laying in the seat pan. A spring is used to provide tension, holding the slide lock in place.
That spring is attached to the seat pan and the other end is attached to the slide lock bar. That is the bar that engages the slots of the "butt rest" to maintain adjustment. Access to the tension spring is gained when the seat is removed from the seat pan, via the two large screws in the seat pan, as Buffalo stated above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts