Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUSA presently have: Members: 16,659

That very large number of Burgie bike and owner, if only 45% own 650 model that nearly 7500 very happy Burgie 650 owner. :) :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
BUSA presently have: Members: 16,659

That very large number of Burgie bike and owner, if only 45% own 650 model that nearly 7500 very happy Burgie 650 owner. :) :cool:
Are you sure they're all Burgman owners or even riding enthusiasts? Really awesome if it is, but I've seen on blogs before when the numbers are way higher than what's expected, it's someone trying to hack the site.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's more likely inflated by people who drop by, poke around a bit, and then leave. All sites are this way, particularly forum sites. That doesn't detract from the wonderful community we've built here, but there aren't really that many folks here - that's just the number of folks who've signed in over the years.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Agree with ChipDoc plus I think quite a few might not still own a Burgman any more.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Even if the numbers are really inflated and we have only 1000 users who own Burgmans it is still impressive. Just think. If we all got together and did a ride, 500 Burgman 650's and 500 Burgman 400's (I am pulling all these numbers out of my ass btw). Can you imagine what the group photo would look like? How about 1000 Burgmans going down the road? Even though such an event would never take place because this is a world wide forum, it still gives me an awesome mental picture.

Back when I had my Honda PC, we had an annual East Coast Rally. One year we had right at 50 Honda PC's at the rally. I still have a pic of all the bikes together at a restaurant. It was almost scary to see so many of those Honda's together.
Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Here is the picture... Note: difficult to tell how many bikes from the picture as there is just as many bikes on the far side of the sign. Also see that there is a double row of bikes in the picture. As I remember there was only 30 or so PC's in this picture, not everyone went to this lunch. We had the rally at the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort at the top of Deal's Gap. Lots of plastic for sure. Picture was taken in summer of 2002 up in the Smoky Mountains.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
IF we ever got Euro Burgman riders engaged the site would sky rocket.

North America is a drop in the bucket compared to Euro. You watch traffic for 5 minutes in Barcelona and a dozen Burgmans of various sizes and ages will go by you.

There have been 83,000 650s alone sold since the model began.

Since its introduction, the big luxurious Burgman has been a gigantic hit for Suzuki, even with its hefty, five-digit price tag. More than 83,000 units have been sold worldwide and is one of the top-selling scooters in Europe, where scooters are pretty much a way of life. In the U.S., scooters are slowly gaining acceptance among the two-wheel crowd, and a lot of this has to do with high-tech and just plain good scooters like the Burgman.
http://www.cyclenews.com/358/22128/Racing-Article/First-Ride--2013-Suzuki-Burgman-650-ABS.aspx

And that does not include the numerous other models.
It's a big community.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts