Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my 2013 Burgman 650 for about 4 months, and every time I ride it, when I stop or put it back in the garage, I smell some burnt oil. There are no leaks, and I just took it in for it's first service. It smelled like that before the service and it still does after. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's probably just road gunk burning. The 650's exhaust headers are long and exposed to road spray, so it seems that they always put out some kind of aroma after a ride, especially around here where the roads are wet 10 months out of the year. Maybe your headers picked up a big dollop of grease that fell out of some semi's tie-rod end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Mine was that the rear caliper was stuck (Scotland, high humidity all year) and it always kept the rear brake a little bit operated. It made me a bit higher fuel consumption, slightly less power and the strange burnt oil/metal smell. (By the way, the Suzuki dealership garage had not been able to find and fix the problem in three attempts.)

Check your brakes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,

Mine was that the rear caliper was stuck (Scotland, high humidity all year) and it always kept the rear brake a little bit operated. It made me a bit higher fuel consumption, slightly less power and the strange burnt oil/metal smell. (By the way, the Suzuki dealership garage had not been able to find and fix the problem in three attempts.)

Check your brakes.
This sounds like the most likely cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts