Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Burgman. I live near Indianapolis, IN. Where do I go and how much should I pay? Thanks everyone. John McGinnis :eek:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
John;
Well of course if you are looking for a new bike then go to your local Suzuki dealer.
On the other hand if your looking for used then ebay-local papers (ha ha) maybe your Suzuki dealer and here in this forum .
As to how much - new or used ? what year (you can still get a new 2003).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
John,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA. Try posting a "wanted' ad in our classifieds area. Be sure to specify if it is a 400 or a 650 you are looking for. You can also search the forum. There are plenty posts from members about what kind of deal they got in various area of the country.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The dealership from which I just bought mine tried to sell me a new '03 Blue 650 even as I was signing the papers for my '04 Blackbird. He quoted me 7500 OTD which makes his MSRP around 6,500. Since it had been there for a long time I would bet you could get him down to 7,100 to 7,300. Factor in shipping and you have an OTD price here in Seattle to which you can add your sales tax and registration. If it is of interest send me e-mail and I'll make some calls for you.

Carl

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is a report I purchased from CycleBuy.com... I am also looking to buy a new burgman. My local dealer is offering a 2003 400 for $4999 plus tax and license ($5480 total). No junk fees. Hope this helps.

Richard

Dealer Invoice Report

2003 Suzuki Burgman 400
List Price: $5599
Dealer Cost: $4746

Dealer cost includes freight to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $35 per Suzuki dealer price sheet
Each dealership has its own method of figuring the actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.

Ready to Sell Cost: $4781

Dealer Holdback: This Suzuki has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.
Holdback money is paid to Suzuki dealers in September for units that are sold between September 1 and
August 31 of the previous model year. Dealers must pay Suzuki the full "Dealer Cost" price and wait 1 to
12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none at this time
Retail Incentives: none at this time

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in
business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the
machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to
determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts