Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing the SuzukiCycles web site and noticed they have a Burlwood Trim Kit available.

I'm not at all interested in putting one on my bike. I would like to know if anyone out there HAS put one on there's and how it looks. Any pictures?

While we're at it, the trim kit is one of only four add-ons suzuki offers for the 650. The others are backrest, parcel rack, and bungie hooks. I was sure someone mentioned a Suzuki taller windscreen, but that may only be for the 400s. What factory made Add-Ons would YOU like to have available for YOUR 650?

Dave B.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I don't think that Burlwood trim kit is real wood; it's that plastic fake wood. I once saw a car review that referred to that stuff as 'plood' -- plastic wood. Personally I think the wood kit is kinda cheesy on the scooter. It's the equivalent of a Landau top on a Cadillac.

On the other hand, I do think that the Type S's chrome looks good. Maybe a chrome 'bling-bling' kit would be more popular.

Personally, I'd go for a stereo.

Howzabout a self-retracting seat cover that stows under the seat, sort of like a window blind. You pop the seat, pull out the cover, close the seat and cover it; when you go to ride, you pop the seat and let the cover roll up and stow it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
A stereo with connections for 2way radio and/or CB, and GPS (voice directions).

I want the Asian (Japan only?) market lights for my 650 so that the taillights with have bulbs in the outer sections instead of just in the back (my taillight has the castings, but not the sockets/bulbs).

I want the Asian (Japan only?) wind deflectors that Suzuki sells.

I want a replacement panel for winter use that directs engine heat to the rider. It can either be louvered to turn on and off - or just open (to where I put it on for 3 months and then take it off).

Hmmm - but then this info should probably stay under the suggestions for Suzuki thread...

·
Registered
572 Posts
4DThinker said:
I was perusing the SuzukiCycles web site and noticed they have a Burlwood Trim Kit available.

I'm not at all interested in putting one on my bike. I would like to know if anyone out there HAS put one on there's and how it looks. Any pictures?
That's good news because can the carbon fibre trim be far behind?

Check this page for pics:

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/skywave6 ... ories.html

·
Registered
572 Posts
Oops. I just checked the site and it's not exactly the same. But the Japanese pics should give an idea of how it would look. (Plus, I changed the link above to make it specific to the 650.)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
One of our local forum members has the Burlwood trim kit on his 650. From the pics I'd seen I thought it'd look cheap. Seeing it in person I thought it added a little extra touch of class to the Blue 650. I'd consider putting them on my 400 is they we're so danged expensive!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'm sure it's just plastic. I still like the looks of it though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Billmeek where did you get your kit, do like it but do not want all the pieces you have.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Roger,

The kit is on another local riders bike. He got the kit from a local dealer and I believe it was just over $200. As far as I know, you don't have the choice to by individual parts of the kit. It's only available as a set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had already planned to rpaint my 650 in taxicab yellow. The burlwood kit has given me the idea to paint the same areas as the kit, although I may use the yellow as a highlight around the edges of the areas that the kit covers, rather than staring at all that yellow in the bright sun!

Time to break out the digital camera and the photoshop software!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts