Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 2: Added paint to nose panel and new grips; painted stabilizer weights to match. I have no idea what ‘BUSA’ stands for, but thought it fit for Bergman USA.

The next step might take a while - have to save $$$… Can’t wait tho… Black leather Corbin seat with red piping. :D

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Tell you what - that is cool.

We/they call these things "Scooters?"

I think that there is really coming a time here (real soon) where a different term will be utilized. Tho the "scooter" term is still sort of endearing.

I think alla us maxi-scooterist should think hard about the appropriate new "term/classification cum nomenclature" and spout off. Hell - it's an internet forum, not a prsnl ltr to you relatives!

peet

pls remember what you type will be logged forever so dont divulge anything that would make you liable for... :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmm....

I don't know of a new term, but a few words come to mind.

Dynamic, evolution, mutation, velocity, mobility, conversion, synthesis...

lol... SYNTHICYCLE. lmao... :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Busa makes reference to Suzukis 1300cc monster sportbike the Hyabusa. It's still fitting for your 650, half the size of the Hyabusa . Some refer to the 650 as Halfabusa.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I really dig on the red accents on your silver bike. That really looks good. I was thinking red, but now I'm going to have to find another color since you already did the red.

Hmmm, maybe bright flaming orange?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Using the Alabama MotorCycle training book, a motorcycle is any two wheel, motor driven vehicle. There are many types of Motorcycles. We have touring bikes (GoldWings), Cruisers (HD Fatboy), Sport Bikes (aka Crotch Rockets), Scooters (us?), Dirt Bikes (knobby tired mc's), and dual purpose bikes (good for both road and off-road).

Since Burgman's, Swing's, Majesty, etc come under the heading of Scooters, due to the fact that they are automatics. But, scooters do not have to be automatics since the first 'scooters' were not auto. Therefore, continuing to refer to a Burgman as a scooter, while cute, is not entirely accurate.

Therefore, using the most likely of the above list, I would have to say that the Burgmans and Swing are actually Touring Motorcycles. That's what I'm going with anyway, since they are defintely tour bikes.

Later,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts