Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have experience with the Honda Pacific Coast 800 touring motorcycle........it looks very much like a scooter. Just curious as to how it compares in handling to a Burgman scooter, since I own both but have not really ridden the PC800 yet. :?:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
rlin22 said:
Just curious as to how it compares in handling to a Burgman scooter, since I own both but have not really ridden the PC800 yet.
Sounds like your the one to most likely answer this question. You might have to give up the Burgman for a few days and ride the PC800. :) I've often wanted a Pacific Coast and was considering purchasing one before getting interested in maxi-scoots and getting the Burgman 400. I'd be interested you opinion of it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
This is a case were looks can be deceiving, the Pacific Coast is a true motorcycle as such I wonder if you you really want to compare them, they are different machines just like a Goldwing and a Chopper may both be motorcycles but is it fair to compare them.
As far as handling goes I would say no scooter handles like a motorcycle
or is it no motorcycle handles like a scooter.....I forget. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I had a '90 PC with factory Kenwood AM/FM radio. I bought the bike in '93 from a good friend and rode it until '96 when I bought a new Wing. I put about 10,000 miles on the PC and loved it (wish I still had it).
It rode and handled great and I never had any mechanical problems. Like our Burgmans, a lot of bikers sort of looked down their noses at it, primarily because of it's then controversial "scooter' styling and it was "only a 800". It did everything I needed to do and performed as well as my buddies' tourers and cruisers and was a lot easier to handle (just like our Burgmans).
I really can't compare it to my Burgman 650 (apples & oranges). It had more power, handled rough roads better and had a factory sound system. The major item that I like better about the Suzuki is the automatic transmission.
If you can, keep them both. While they are different in a lot of ways, you'll enjoy them both. :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
It has been a few years since I had a PC, but my take on it is the PC will accelerate better if you keep the rpms up one it. It is very top heavy, I do not recall it handling any better the the 400, rough roads may be easier on the PC, PC has a slight lean foward sitting position, very low maintenance. The 400 is easier to walk around and ride a low speeds, sits more comfortable, lighter/lower center of gravity.

Go ride it and see what you think. Our opinions are no substitute for your own experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts