Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first created this site I wanted Burgman.com, but it was taken. Then tried Burgmanusa and went for it. Not realizing at the time that the Burgman was more of a worldwide scooter. I'm considering changing the site name to something else as to get away from the "USA" portion. I'm looking for some feedback and some ideas for a better universal Burgman web site name. Im not saying Im going to do it, just considering the idea.

So....

(Ideas so far.)

BurgmanForums.com

Burgmanville.com

TheBurgmanPlace.com

BurgmanWorld.com

WorldOfBurgman.com

Burgmans.com (not sure if its avail)

Just keep the original Burgmanusa.com

-Bryan

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
I kind of like BurgmanForums.com but keeping it the way it is, is OK too. Now that the word is out it might be confusing to change the name.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I'm OK with all of the suggestions except Burgmanville.com. Don't know why - just doesn't hit me right. I think I slightly prefer TheBurgmanPlace.com.

Jim's point is well taken. If you change the name, you need to keep the the old url alive for a while - and have it forward the browser to the new site address. (I'm sure you've already thought of that.)

Gosh, I had withdrawal symptoms this morning... Hope that provider really did find the root cause of the problems.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I'm fine with the orginal but if you do change I suggest BurgmanInternational.com or burgmanworld.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
BurgmanIntl.com

BurgemanLovers.com

WolrdOBurgman.com

BurgmanLounge.com

WorldWideBurgman.com

BurgmansAroundTheWorld.com

BurgmansGlobal.com

BurgmanRiders.com

BurgmanUnited.com

WholeLottaBurgmans.com

That's my 2 cents for now. :p

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's a good idea to change it now, while this forum is still "young" - the name minus the "USA" would make it a more inviting place for the international community. Once you make the change, you can have the old BurgmanUSA.com forward to the new URL for at least a year - that way you will still be available to old links.

I like burgmandriders.com

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'm wondering how a domain change will effect things like Google rankings, archived pages, etc. BurgmanUSA is starting to get well known. I hope you'd plan on keeping both domains and setting up an automatic redirector to the new domain if you do decide to rename it.

From the number of registed (and active) members from other countries, I do not think the 'USA' in the domain name keeps them away. Personally, you could change the domain name to something totally unrelated and I'd still show up as this is such a great resource for Burgman information.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Keep the current name!

As others have pointed out, I do not think the USA in BurgmanUSA is a liability. People from many other locations around the world have found their way to this site. Further, the name is already established, changing it could effect search engine counts, as well as, recognition within the maxiscooter community.

Lastly, and this is intended with no ill will to anyone, but one of things that draws me to this site is its strong focus on North America. While I enjoy hearing from others around the globe, living in Minnesota I'm more likely to drive on roads in the USA and Canada and meet up with folks from there. (O Canada...) The Maxiscooter scene in the U.S. & Canada is much more limited than in many other parts of the world and Burgmans are very new to that market. I obtain great value from all who contribute to these forums, but just a bit more from those more local to me.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A rose by any other name..........................
While the membership is global and welcomes (as it should) anyone from anywhere, this site is still in the USA and I see nothing wrong with saying so.
:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is simple. Burgmania.com

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im at it again....
I will be buying another server this week. I need to select another web address to use as not to disturb the burgmanusa.com while building the new server.

If you like some of the above names, please say so. If you have a new one, please add it. Shortly I will pick 5-10 of my personal favorites and open a poll/vote for a new name. Of course Burgmanusa will still be registered by me and it will have a link to the new web address. Thanks for the help.

I like simple and something that wont get mispelled easily.

I think burgmaninternational.com might get mispelled easily.

*Edited*
-Bryan

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ones I've thought of so far are: (Others have said the same, so I guess it wasn't totally my idea.)

worldofburgman.com
burgmanfourms.com
burgmanscooters.com
theburgmanspot.com
theburgmanplace.com
SOBO.com (Society of Burgman Owners)

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
burgmanville.com

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
roy_ryall said:
burgmaninternational.com

sounds good
I rewrote my original post. I meant to say the I thought that burgmaninternational.com might get mispelled.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Greengoose said:
Im at it again....
I will be buying another server this week. I need to select another web address to use as not to disturb the burgmanusa.com while building the new server.

If you like some of the above names, please say so. If you have a new one, please add it. Shortly I will pick 5-10 of my personal favorites and open a poll/vote for a new name. Of course Burgmanusa will still be registered by me and it will have a link to the new web address. Thanks for the help.

I like simple and something that wont get mispelled easily.

I think burgmaninternational.com might get mispelled easily.

*Edited*
-Bryan
I personally like: BurgmanForums.com

1 - 20 of 92 Posts