Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I see some of you have signed up for a membership rather quickly. Thank you!

The new membership Icons (Which are really cool.) are not installed quite yet.

Over the new few days you should be seeing the new membership Icons and titles.

For the next 3 months, everyone will enjoy all of the new features of the forum.

May 1st I will implement the Membership tier system and features will be limited by membership level.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I haven't owned a Burgman for a few years, yet, I come to this site almost everyday. It's one of the best scooter sites there is.

Not wanting to miss anything, I signed up for a lifetime membership.

Just want to thank you (and the others who help) for doing all the work.

David in NJ
DOC

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I just ordered my Lifetime membership - in the few months I have frequented this forum, it has provided endless knowledge and even a little entertainment. :lol: Wow, a lifetime membership AND a key chain!

Thanks to all who put this together and keep this great site going strong! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bryan (Greengoose) and I will be collecting your request emails for Lifetime memberships as we wait for the final Membership Icons.

If you donated by PayPal, you can look into you History to see how much you donated to "[email protected]".

We also can look up your donation history if you paid by this method. This will be time consuming in the beginning as we go through the accounts and switch over members to the new category's.

Members who have previously donated and switching over to the Lifetime Gold/Platinum, will be titled "Charter Gold or Charter Platinum Members".

I am expecting to see the new Icons by the end of next week.

(Bryan asked me to say thanks to the MANY members who have chosen to become Full Lifetime members.)

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Thanks, MammaGoose. I updated my PayPal data and added enough contribution to hit the $100 mark. I will request Lifetime Membership by email.

Enjoy Germany. I always found it pleasant (well, maybe not so much in February) and -- aren't you a native German?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I e-mailed the person that was listed near the membership section but haven't heard anything back.

Here's my question: I signed up for a monthly charge to one credit card, but would now like to change to another card because I plan to close out the first card in the near future. I can't figure out how to do that. Please advise.

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Gary,

I just forwarded this information to Bryan (Greengoose) for his attention. I'm sure he'll get back to you ASAP.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Addendum to my last post: I went into my Pay Pal account to see what I could figure out. I started to delete the card that's currently being charged by BUSA in hopes that things would automatically shift to my other card that I have on the account, but when it said it would cancel subscriptions currently being charged to the first card, I didn't proceed. Hopefully, you will be able to shed some light on all of this.

Gary

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
From the PayPal help section:

Q : How do I change the funding source associated with a recurring payment?

A: You can change the funding source for a recurring payment by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. Click the Recurring Payment link in the Financial Information column.
4. Click the Edit Funding Sources link.
5. Select or remove your funding sources.
From what I understand, you'll need to add a new card funding the transaction before deleting the old card or it'll cancel the subscription.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
OK,

I think I figured it out. Thanks for the help.

From what I gather, after we donate $100 we gain some sort of sainted status (i.e. life time). Is that right? What happens when that happens? Do we need to keep track of how much $ we donate or do you do that? BUSA isn't a non-profit by any chance? If it were, we might be able to deduct our donations!

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Gary,

I'll have to let Bryan answer the last post since I'm just the "computer flunky". :p

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
kuhnsmith said:
OK,

From what I gather, after we donate $100 we gain some sort of sainted status (i.e. life time). Is that right? What happens when that happens? Do we need to keep track of how much $ we donate or do you do that? BUSA isn't a non-profit by any chance? If it were, we might be able to deduct our donations!

Thanks.

Gary
It's not that simple, and I'm guessing that it's more than just being a non-profit to be able to accept contributions which are tax deductible.
There is a large national non-profit organization that I will not mention by name, which constantly solicits money from me, and specifically says that donations are NOT tax deductible.
There is no charity element to this website, it's not a church, etc.......

·
Banned
4,919 Posts
OK then - I expect my Unobtainium Membership Card, Gold Wristwatch, and Personal Masseuse to be delivered NLT next week!

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I edited the membership page to be clearer and hopefully easier to understand.

http://www.burgmanusa.com/membership.html

Members who have donated prior to Feb 12th and switch over to Gold or Platinum, will now be referred to as Charter Gold and Charter Platinum members.

Charter members will have their Gold or Platinum membership for life.

Not to be confused with "Lifetime" members, who are members who donate (or have previously donated) $100 to become lifetime members with a special icon and a few special features to still be determined.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kuhnsmith said:
OK,

Thanks.

Gary
Unfortunately your donations / membership fees are non tax-deductible for me. (I pay taxes on your donations. Thank goodness for write-offs.) BUSA is considered a "Profit" organization.

Your $100 will get you a really cool Icon and Membership title beneath your forum name. (Sorry we havent installed the final icons yet for the memberships yet.) (Keychains are no longer being offered as of 10 March due to limited supplies.) and an email address forwarder.

An email address forwarder is a program that reroutes email from one address to another. Lifetime members will have their forum user name followed by "@burgmanusa.com" as their email address.

They will tell me where to redirect the email received. Example: Member ScooterJack will receive the email address "[email protected]" he wants it to go to [email protected]

All email sent to [email protected] will be redirected to [email protected]

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've read the membership page and you have for the Gold membership ($20.00 per). The Platinum membership you have ($50.00 per year). The lifetime membership you have ($100) is that 100 per year or just a one time fee of $100.00?

If you would like to donate monthly can you set up any amount or do you have to go with the $3.50 or $6.00 per month? Is the exta money for the montly payment system, a processing fees?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts