Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show all of you how much BurgmanUSA has grown over the past year.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Thanks Bryan - that is very interesting indeed.
2004 certainly saw this forum mature. The one stat I found particularly interesting is that although we are just shy of 1000 members (2 Jan 05) we seem to be getting x 5 the number of unique visitors - so 4000 vistors use the site. Now is that right? Or is the technology fooling us - is it driven by IP number? as these are reallocated by some ISPs.

8)

PS: At time of posting we had 994 members, 226 (thats almost 23%) of whom have not posted yet! :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NormanB said:
Thanks Bryan - that is very interesting indeed.
2004 certainly saw this forum mature. The one stat I found particularly interesting is that although we are just shy of 1000 members (2 Jan 05) we seem to be getting x 5 the number of unique visitors - so 4000 vistors use the site. Now is that right? Or is the technology fooling us - is it driven by IP number? as these are reallocated by some ISPs.

8)

PS: At time of posting we had 994 members, 226 (thats almost 23%) of whom have not posted yet! :shock:
The very top line is only for Dec 04. The chart is for the whole year. It shows 52835 as unique visitors for the year. ( IP addresses) The number is skewed, each time an aol user logs on they get a new ip address.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Any dial up user will get an address from a 'pool' of addresses. For the larger Internet Service Providers (like AOL), there's a large pool of numbers. Some cable and DSL providers also do not use static IP addressess though the lease time is usually set for a few days.

I'm surprised no one has blamed me for the spike of hits/transfer that happened when I joined the forum in March. :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts