Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, some may say I am counting my chickens b4 they hatch cause I dont have a bike yet. I had one as a teen in High School and rode dirt bikes but now its time to think about saving at the pump. Gas here in San Diego Ca has gotten bad and so im considering getting back into a Scooter, and at the same time my wife can use it, maybe. Now I've tried reading as much as i can on all the options out there and i just like the Burgman. 400 or 650 either way i want one. So i hope to see you all on the two wheeled road really soon.

Jaime the Burgmanwannab :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Jaime . Glad to have you join us. Hope you find you a Burgman soon.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Chickens? Who needs chickens? ;)

I am also looking to get a burgman but I have to save a few more pennies first. Only have about $3500 right now and that just won't touch a Burgman. Think I am leaning towards a 400 because of the 15-25 MPG I'd save.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Jamie and welcome to the forum. Good luck in your pursuit of a Burgman. :wave:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jamie. Trust your chickens are productive.
Canon :roll:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Jamie welcome! I hadn't ridden for about 20 years on the streets. I had a 250 street and dirt bike in the mid 70's. Off and on a buddy's dirt bike in the 90's 400cc got the bug flowing again. My Company is moving so I will have a 44 mile ride round trip to and from work. The wife suggested I buy a bike. :lol: I started looking around. I came across the silver wing and liked it but not enough leg room for me. While on the internet I found a burgman. Love at first sight. I read some reviews sounded like the scooter was right up my alley. Found this web site and wow! What a great resource. Read this site for about 3 months before I became a member. I bought a 03 650 burgie had 1100 miles on it. Best thing I have done! I've put 2000 miles on it in 4 months. 10 minutes into my first ride It felt like riding a bicycle again. Good luck with your search!! When you find one you won't let it go!

Please take MSF class before you ride!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yo, Jaime.

Happy t' see ya here.

Steve

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greeting, Jaime! :hello2:

I think you're lucky to live in San Diego. I've visted a few times, and interviewed for a Watchmaker's position at a jewelery shop in University Towne Center but I didn't think I could afford to live there on what they were going to pay me to start. (Not until I pay off my student loans, anyway.)

I rode my Burgman 650 down there from the Canadian Border last September, and I'm going to do it again the week of July 4th. I'll be visting a friend who lives near Balboa Park for a few days, and I usually stay at the Motel 6 in Hotel Circle.

Maybe I'll see you on the road. 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for welcoming me to this forum. I just want to all so say that this website is awesome. I have been doing a lot of reading on everyones postings especially when it comes to the burgman 400. I have become a little bit more familiar with it just by your experiences, so thank you all. Plus i have put my request on the Classified section and have recieved two invitaions to purchase with some very helpful gentlemen. In fact one lives about 30 minutes away and we are looking to working this out.....i just need to sell a minivan that i have so i can give him a good chunk of change. Thanks again to all .....May your roads be open and your two wheels swift.

Jaime the burgmanwannab :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Selias said:
Think I am leaning towards a 400 because of the 15-25 MPG I'd save.
I've been counting chickens as well, and my job finally came through, so I just have to get the eggs together...

Considering that the 400 will give you a "15-20 mpg" and I'm 6' tall and 215, which bike would be better?

I'm also looking to cruise up to San Francisco for the weekend, etc. Would the 650 be better for the longer ranges, or would the 400 be ok?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
For a weekend tourer, the 400 does fine. If you were going to do extensive freeway miles and/or 2 up touring, I'd suggest the 650. I'm 6ft and 235 pounds and the 400 "scoots right along" at 70+ MPH all day long with no problem. I've even taken mine up to 95MPH at one point. 400 or 650? It's simply a matter of your personal preference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts