Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the short windscreen on the Burgman 400 type s offer any wind protection at all or is it there just for looks. I hope soon that all my questions about the B400 will be answered and I can just go out and buy the machine. Then I will probablly have plenty of questions after. This forum has been terrific in providing information.

scootervan

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I've owned cruisers and sport bikes with similar small windscreens. Their purpose is simply to keep most of the wind pressure off of your chest, so that you are not straining to maintain your seat and grip against the wind. The ones I had did that fine. They are in no way designed to keep your helmet, arms, hands, etc. out of the wind, or to protect you from rain and cold. I'd assume that the "S" windscreen fits that description.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wind screen

It keeps the wind off your chest, but funnels it to your face. It's not bad at 55mph or less, but pretty rough at higher speed. I plan on an aftermarket windshield when the weather turns cold.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well ask me and I'll say, if ya want wind protection, get in the car! But I have the S and the windscreen doesnt offer all that much "protection" and obviously thats the way I like it. My full face helmet does enuf wid protection. A windsreen big enuf to have ant effect would look rediculous in IMHO. Riding in the wind is all part of the ride! I've ridden scoots with a big windscreen and they feel like they both slow you down and mess with your vision.

Scoot On... Marbles

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wear a full face helmet and I've found that with my "S"hort screen, it's quite comfortable to sit up straight up to around 120 km/h (75 mph). Once I get past 130 km/h (80 mph) I tuck down behind the screen and enter the "sweet spot" :D.

Mind you, I'm sure I get a lot more bug splats on my visor than others with a taller windshield ;).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts