Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear Suzuki

I've read in several publications that there are no plans to produce the "G-Strider" showbike due to cost issues. Many of us in the consumer marketplace can understand that position since we dont want a high sticker price on anything we buy. (who does?) With that thought in mind I went to my PaintShop program and did a little picture chopping. I feel like many elements of the "G-Strider" could be used to make a machine that is one step up from the 650 Burgman. A machine that would bridge the respect gap between scooters and motorcycles. I think the "G-Strider" jumped that bridge with authority. If you were to offer a "SuperScooter" with styling elements of this showbike while keeping many of the great features of the Burgman line, I think there would be droves of riders that would come forward. Many (like me) who love touring bikes but see them as overkill for the riding we do these days. you'll notice in the pic I kept the basic design of the Burgman while using the exposed engine casing, dual exhausts, larger wheels and fairiing styling of the showbike. I personally think any engine of 750cc or above would make this bike a real mover. It could offer all the attributes of a full touring machine with more agility, better ecnomy at half the cost of a GoldWing or Ultrra Classic. Thank you for your time.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/ ... der800.jpg

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dear Thunderbat,

I like your suggestions and your design. Also think that there would be a big market for such a vehicle and put Suzuki in the lead position on this cycle/scooter hybred. Suzuki should build this unit and give you the first one off the line free for your style & suggestion. Perhaps give me the second one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd buy that bike - and with that low seat it looks like I might actually be able to touch ground on it, rather than having to have a trike! (I'm 5'1.)

It's really important to me to have a bike for long-distance travel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Burgman - Strider 800

I like your design too. I'd also like Suzuki to market a legitimate 'cruiser-class' scooter that can hold it's own with any other 1100cc 'plus' cruisers from Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, or Harley.

I'm not saying the Burgman 650 can't - but going from the looks of the 916cc G-Strider - it's a major cut above the 650 in style, apparent long-distance comfort and definitely blurs the line between motorcycle and scooter. I would guess it's in the 650 - 700 lb class of bikes. AND wouldn't mind riding past Harley's on the freeway let alone pulling into Harley haunts along the interstate. The motorcycle 'pecking' order would change with the G-Strider too as I'm sure we would'nt have to deal with half-hearted smiles and nods at stops from our motorcycle-driving brethern.

We need a 'world-class' cruiser from the Burgman line and I like the 916cc concept engine size and some of the technical features it has to offer - not all of them - like the rear camera, on-board communications system, etc. but some of them like the large rear wheel, on-the-move adjustable seats -, adjustable windshield would be real nice for a top-of-the-line bike. I'd like to see the proposed 'specs' for the G-Strider too and compare it to an ElectraGlide or C90 Boulevard

I would place my order immediately for the G-Strider if it was available today. In the meantime, I guess the 650 is the best we can do.

TJF

·
Registered
63 Posts
put a gas tank on it - automatic motorcycle

Put a gas tank on it [your Burg/Gstrider cross] and make it a proper automatic motorcycle rather than a scooter. Then I'll be first in line to buy one.

====================

1 - 6 of 6 Posts