Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband bought me a stereo for Mothers Day. It is a Gohawk RE8. He hasn't put it on yet but we tested it with a booster pack to see how it sounds. I will definitely be able to hear it on my Burgy. Can't wait for it to be put on. It has Bluetooth, FM Radio and a USB port for music.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Kelly do you carry a cell phone ? That and a pair of BT Headphones is hard to beat now days.
Depends on what you want. That works if all you want to do is listen to your music (or audio books, podcasts, etc.) like you or I. However, if your goal is to impress everyone around you with how much noise 📢 you can make, there's nothing like an ear-splitting sound system 🔊 to go with your ear-splitting pipes💥. One of the guys with whom I ride falls into the latter category. I probably don't need to tell you what brand of bike he rides. Needless to say, I stay as far away from him in the group as possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In my state it is illegal to wear headphones of any kind while riding a motorcycle or bicycle. I'm not the type of person that's going to blast my music. I just get bored listening to the sound of the road all the time and want to listen to music. It's not to bother other people. I ride with my husband and our friend and they both have stereos on their bikes, we are in our 50's and don't blast our music like teenagers.

·
Registered
684 Posts
In my state it is illegal to wear headphones of any kind while riding a motorcycle or bicycle. I'm not the type of person that's going to blast my music. I just get bored listening to the sound of the road all the time and want to listen to music. It's not to bother other people.
I apologize; it was not my intention to cast aspersions on what you are doing. It was more of an editorial comment.

I believe it is technically illegal to wear headphones in many states. Nevertheless, I suspect it is not strongly enforced in most places, and it's easily gotten around in any case. A lot of riders put speakers inside their helmets, Bluetooth or wired, which I have done in the past. Nowadays I use Bluetooth combination earbuds/earplugs that are not visible externally. My hearing is protected and I can hear my music easily without turning it up loud. I can still hear the traffic around me, though, which is critical to safety.

The Bluetooth in your Gohawk might be able to feed Bluetooth speakers, although I am not familiar with the specs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No apologies necessary. I just don't want to be lumped in with those that do that. I hate when people in cars do that too. It has its own speakers. I don't need to add additional speakers. It is loud enough for me to hear while riding and not bother anyone else. We just have to figure out how to put it on without taking off the handle bar Tupperware. I don't like how it looks without the Tupperware. We've thought of a few different things to put it on. We just have to decide which is the best way.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Dogboy caught my original post.....I edited it to not Rain On The Parade of a Husband Buying a Gift for His Wife.....

You can get Blue Tooth Speakers that mount inside the helmet ...I have a set and they are ok for in town but leave you wanting more at freeway speeds.

·
Administrator
18,362 Posts
My Sena 10S bluetooth intercom has speakers in the helmet and I can listen to music up till about 80 MPH before the wind gets too loud. And I can chat with the riders around me like we are inside the same car.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Very nice! Do you know where the 12 volt power is wired to?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! Do you know where the 12 volt power is wired to?
Yeah. My husband connected it the back of the cigarette lighter. Temporarily until I can find my owners manual and then he can find the accessory power connection.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Very cool. With 10W per side, it certainly isn't going to annoy the neighbors, and its location seems ideally suited to directing the sound at the rider. Please let us know how it works out in terms of durability, sound quality and sound volume.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I finally had a chance to really try out the stereo on my bike. With the volume on 6 it isn’t too loud for the others around me and I can hear it up until about 40-50 mph. On highways I have to turn it up a little bit more, about 10 to hear it at 70. Sound quality is good. The only thing is I have to turn the volume up and down myself. On my husbands and friends bike their volume goes up and down by itself as they accelerate and decelerate. But I am happy with it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Like they said on Spinal Tap, turn it up to 11!

Attachments

Reactions: s-steel

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Interesting how that is mounted when you make turns on your bike does the speaker move any?
It has handlebar mounts so it does turn with the handlebars .

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s on. I got tunes now. Yay!!!! View attachment 90290 View attachment 90290
Interesting pretty cool place to put this never thought about putting one there. Hate to cut out the side storage areas to put a speakers in either side as I use both sides for storage. The other place that is possible is over the dash on the flat surface next to the windshield or under the key ignition switch in that compartment which I never use. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting pretty cool place to put this never thought about putting one there. Hate to cut out the side storage areas to put a speakers in either side as I use both sides for storage. The other place that is possible is over the dash on the flat surface next to the windshield or under the key ignition switch in that compartment which I never use. Thanks
We had looked at putting it on top of the dash, didn't like how it looked. I use the glove compartment so that wasn't an option for me. But to each their own. Yes it does turn with the handlebars but that doesn't bother me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts