Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been bugging me for a while. The name of this site is BurgmanUSA. Most of us ride Burgmans, talk about Burgmans, fix Burgmans, mod Burgmans, etc,etc. Why is it that the spell check in 'Post a new topic' indicates a misspell in red wavy underline. The only thing about a Burgman that should be red and wavy is the red head riding pillion. sigh
I believe we should have a sense of legitimacy about our rides, if at least, and only here. The most powerful tool in this site are the words we use and the ideas we use to shape them. If they mostly have to do with Burgmans (there it is again) then this little bastardizing barb should be removed or at least be replaced with a pink cloud around it. The Burger's oil is Golden, it's exhaust Clear, the brake fluid amber and the coolant is Hi-Vis Green. So why is the Burgman (****) in red wavy underline in spell check. IMHO the only red line the Burgman (shoot) should have is at 10k rpms. :?

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you are using FireFox try placing your mouse over any word that has that red squiggly line and right click - a context menu will appear with spelling suggestions - select 'Add to Dictionary' and the red line will disappear. This works for all words the dictionary doesn't have in its list of words.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hammer said:
This has been bugging me for a while. The name of this site is BurgmanUSA. Most of us ride Burgmans, talk about Burgmans, fix Burgmans, mod Burgmans, etc,etc. Why is it that the spell check in 'Post a new topic' indicates a misspell in red wavy underline. The only thing about a Burgman that should be red and wavy is the red head riding pillion. sigh
I believe we should have a sense of legitimacy about our rides, if at least, and only here. The most powerful tool in this site are the words we use and the ideas we use to shape them. If they mostly have to do with Burgmans (there it is again) then this little bastardizing barb should be removed or at least be replaced with a pink cloud around it. The Burger's oil is Golden, it's exhaust Clear, the brake fluid amber and the coolant is Hi-Vis Green. So why is the Burgman (****) in red wavy underline in spell check. IMHO the only red line the Burgman (shoot) should have is at 10k rpms. :?
AND............. If that doesn't work for you..........Just call it a BURGER..!!! And see what happens...... :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Hammer said:
Why is it that the spell check in 'Post a new topic'
You do know the spell checker is not in the "Post A new topic" or any other part of the BurgmanUSA board don't you. It is more than likely a part of your browser. The spell checker that I see comes from Chrome which is what I am currently using for a browser.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Buffalo said:
Hammer said:
Why is it that the spell check in 'Post a new topic'
You do know the spell checker is not in the "Post A new topic" or any other part of the BurgmanUSA board don't you. It is more than likely a part of your browser. The spell checker that I see comes from Chrome which is what I am currently using for a browser.
+1 It is your browser spell-check that needs attention as the forum does not provide one. :wink:

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yur rite! it wuz moezila duing dat. I terned owf spel cheka so now i downt got dat problum anymor. I thawt it wuz a grate rant anywae. danks, and ryd your bergmans. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
Hammer said:
Yur rite! it wuz moezila duing dat. I terned owf spel cheka so now i downt got dat problum anymor. I thawt it wuz a grate rant anywae. danks, and ryd your bergmans. :cheers:
? whut?

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Mikey's jokes are much shorter. :thumbup:

BURGMAN with a red line under it. I live in Blountville, TN which is not only spelled wrong but is pronounced wrong. Blunt ville named after a guy named Blount that was English (NC) and did not have spell check.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
I thought this thread was gonna be about people who misspell Burgman as Bergman. I just bought my second Burgman and all of the paperwork from the dealer spelled it Bergman. I corrected every misspelling on the paperwork. JC

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hammer said:
I see ya got er fixed, eh?

·
Registered
677 Posts
jcdorz said:
I thought this thread was gonna be about people who misspell Burgman as Bergman. I just bought my second Burgman and all of the paperwork from the dealer spelled it Bergman. I corrected every misspelling on the paperwork.
Oh, congrats. I was wondering, when I saw your '03 for sale. Don't forget to update your profile.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
I will update my profile once I get my 2009 Burgman Executive on 8/5/12-I just can't remove it right now, I get emotional! JC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts