Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2008 400 with nearly 16k miles from another member and drove it over 900 miles home from Seattle. Mostly freeway but went on a detour through lassen and, Quincy and truckee.
It performed wonderfully, except some vibration whilst accelerating that manifest itself in the last 100 miles so im thinking I need to clean out the cvt, the belt was changed less than 2k ago by PO.

Anyway next steps are registering it in CA, changing all the fluids and then the fun begins

This is going to be the wife's so we n go out riding together.

I rode a 650 last year , was too tall/heavy for the wife, he hates clutching so this was the best of all worlds

Smile On! And ride safe!

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
while you are in there cleaning, check the torque on the clutch and variator, the vibration could be something getting loose, po may be a great mechanic but everyone makes mistakes, I expect to make one myself any day now and spoil my perfect record :)

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
An excellent addition to the family. You know, I mostly use my B400 for local errands, but the other evening I took it for a joy ride. Its too short for my comfort for longer distances (I'm 6'4"), but it is a pleasure to ride for around the area for a little evening outing.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Gb, you may find the vibration goes away after it's cooled down when you next ride it. It could well have been a roller or two sticking in the variator. This can happen if the bike has been mainly used for slower riding. Dust can build up in the variator, then if you start going faster than usual the rollers come into contact with the dust and can get stuck, temporarily! It's nothing to worry about but if it doesn't go away take a look in the variator and check the condition and cleanliness of the rollers. Lots of vids on here in the maintenance section on 'how to'. Enjoy the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts