Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally talked my Boss into letting me park up under the awning at work this Summer. Seeing how there has been alot of Hurricanes down here in Florida I thought it might be a good idea to seek some shelter :wink: . So,after about two weeks of scooter-pooting my way to the front door and having that leisurely stroll of just 2 yards to get inside (and the the ability to drive the ladies around for joyrides during lunchbreaks!!!) I found myself staring at a beautiful Silver 2004 Suzuki Burgman 650 sitting right where my Blue one usually does.Instead of getting Jealous or even Upset I actually got a little teary eyed. Now not just my Northern brothers and Californians would be able to tell cool stories about how "they have seen another", now I would, too! "This might be the start of a something beautiful",I thought. So, I looked and I looked all day.My search was in vain though for I could not find the Rider of the Silver Burgman[because my boss yelled at me I couldn't look anymore...he doesn't understand!]. But ever since that day I have been seeing Burgmans flying by on the Highway left and right.Especially on 95 south towards Daytona...HMMMM...wonder what they are doing.HMMMMM...I don't know.Maybe,it's Satan :twisted:.(sorry church lady flashbacks sometimes).And I actually seen what looks like a 400 burgie in my neighborhood just last week. So maybe that was my Spiritus Revelator I had witnessed and this is the dawn of some new "BURGMAN REVOLUTION",(we could only hope). But if you seen any Burger-mobiles in the Northeast Florida or Southeast Georgia area. I would like to hear from ya'. I'm trying to rig up something to carry my surfboard with so I can go Surfing.E-mail me at [email protected]. And, if you were the one parking in that space at the Michael's Art Store in Orange Park in Sept., sorry for the bad Mojo I left you on your seat. J/K. Ha-Ha.

Sorry,Forum,I do tend to go on. I do hope you'd excuse me though.This is my first time writing on this forum and there is much to learn and so little time.
Best Of Rides To You,
B.O.R.T.Y.
Lonnie(Buddy)Hale

Proud owner of:
a kick ass 2003 Suzu BurgerWhopper;and,
two pairs of good Feet,that's all.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Lonnie,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! That was a great story! Supposedly, 85 thousand scooters were sold in the USA this past year - they gotta be somewhere! Sounds like noth Florida has more than it's fair share of them though...

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Lonnie. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be awesome GMJ04.These Machines are truly fun and remarkable to ride. Riding in Northeast Florida is always a thrill,too!The weather is usually negotiantly decent,so, I ride year-round. (Found out the ladies can't resist a man from the south with a scarf on during the winter. :wink:) Good for road-trips,too.
Not sure what side of town you live on,GMJ04? But check out Suzuki Seadoo on Wells Rd. in Orange Park if your looking to buy here locally. Talk to a man by the name of Joel Warnick.He is the manager there, and a friend of mine, and will help you out anyway he can. The whole staff is very helpful and knowledgable over there,too! :study: Just to let you know:I've drove my Suzu Burgman for nearly 4000 miles in four months of ownership, and I still have not found anything to complain about !!!

BIG WHEELS KEEP ON TURNIN'
AND PROUD BURGMAN KEEPS ON BURNIN'Yeeeeeeaaah.

Lonnie

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll take your advice and give them a try. I already tried to deal on a burgman with Ron Turner. BIG mistake...they were not flexible on the price at all. Not to mention that I already bought my first bike from them.

I also live in Jax (Mandarin). My buddies all ride motorcycles and think I am crazy for wanting a Burgman....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, Trust me. The people that come up to you after you buy it and oogle and awe at your Burger will more than make up for a few off-color comments made by Friends. Anyways, chicks dig scars, and scooters !! :twisted:

BurgerBuddy :rr:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Lonnie, I'm the proud owner of a 2004 Blue Burgman 400. Bought it in Sept. of this year from Camden Motorsports in Kingsland GA. exit 3 on I95. They had a sale going for $5000, bought it for $4800. That's $800.00 off list. I live On Amelia Is, so I'm half way between Jacksonville and GA. Have 2000 miles on the bike so far, mostly just weekends. Would love to get together with other Maxi scooters for a ride, just let me know. 8)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jax Burgman owners

Hello Fellow Burgman Enthusiasts!

I just came back from a short (80 mile) trip to Starke, Florida and County Roads galore. Got the bike up to 70 mph briefly and the throttle was nowhere near full! :wink:

One thing that was a problem.... the wind gusts on US301 were very strong. Other than that it was perfect for a ride in the country. Would like to meet others in the Jax area to ride with. I live near Chaffee road off of Normandy.

ZH

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello to all of you North Floridians,
I grew up in Blackshear, Georgia which is a little town not far from Jacksonville. 65 miles maybe. Anyway, you have so many great placed to ride that is so differently from the areas I now ride in. Hopefully soon I will make a trip down to Ferindina, over to Stark, over to St. Augustine, back to Fernindina, back over to my hometown of Blackshear, then up to North GA. I really miss that area. Lot's of open roads. Take advantage of your location, have fun and I will be looking for you.
Perry R.

wingsofsteel out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Finally!

Just completed a shift bid for my job and finally got weekends off! Yippee! Now to find some burgie owners and go on some short trips. Long trips are not in the cards right now.

Now, if it ever stops raining..... :(

ZH

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
My buddy and his wife just returned from a vacation to Key West. He said that they were tripping over scooters down there (mostly smaller ones.) But it sure made me want to take a trip down there someday. He said that the place was awesome...chickens roaming all over the place, everyone in sandals and tank tops - everyone carrying a cold beer into whereever they wanted to go (shops etc)... Sounds good to me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts