Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning out of the corner of my eye, I caught the sight of a silver Burgman in the east end of Toronto. This is the first Burgman I've seen at this end of the city. If I'd seen it sooner, I would have flagged down the rider to ask some questions and get some feedback (e.g., where he bought it) as I'm still looking to buy myself. I couldn't tell if it was a 400 or 650. Because Cycle World is close by, and I know they had both a 400 and 650 on the floor recently, I expect it may have been purchased locally. It just shows they are slowly growing in popularity.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. It can't confirm but theres a chance it may have been me :D . I'm in the east end and only use my truck when .....ummm.. let me see........I guess I rarely use the truck. Oh ya to pull the camper.....thats when I use it. Any ways send me a PM with questions and I'll see if I can help you out.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allwalk,

Thanks for the welcome.

To give you more detail, yesterday I caught a glimpse of a silver Burgman heading south, stopped at a traffic light at Commander Blvd (north of Sheppard Ave. ) and McCowan Rd. as I was heading north between 8 and 8:30 am. I actually work just around the corner on Middlefield Rd. Do you work in the east end?

I was hoping to meet with someone having a Burgman at my end of the city (I live in Pickering) to discuss the bike, e.g., what it's been like for you, any problems you've had, how to negotiate with the dealer when purchasing, etc. I didn't find the local dealer, Cycle World, very helpful or forthcoming with information, so I've been looking to forums like this one to help me make an informed decision on what to purchase (cruiser or scooter).

I've been following this forum since Feb. and am amazed how much helpful information has been shared among the members. You really are a great bunch of people compared to other bike forums I've visited. This has made it easier for me to decide on what kind of bike to buy.

If you wouldn't mind meeting for a coffee or a beverage of the bubbly kind after work some day to discuss your Burgman, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I don't mind meeting you one evening for a coffee and chat. The sighting you saw was not me. I live at Sheppard and Don Mills and do frequent the area you talk of but not at that time of the morning.
However I am leaving Sat. morning for a weeks worth of camping.So it will have to wait upon my return.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, as the sighting was not you, it is good to know there is a another owner of a Burgman near by. I expect I will see him again in my travels to work.

I look forward to meeting with you.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I was just up at Cycle world east this morning to pick up a new oil filter and there was another Silver 650 sitting just outside the service bays. I never inquired and there was no owner around. I too am looking forward to meeting you. I won't let you ride my 650 but I will bring an extra helmet to take you for a ride if you wish. Let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts