Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode by quickly but I thought I saw a black 650 parked outside Mexicali Rose last night.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am constantly cruising through Montclair on my Black Burg650. In fact that is where I met JoeZeff, I was driving in my cage and waved down "the guy on the Aprilia Atlantic". Chatted, went home, got my Burgy we met up for a ride. Now Joe has traded up from the Aprilia to the AN 650.

Hey 30MuleTeam, we should all get together for a ride soon!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: That was me...

joezeff said:
Enjoying some fine cuisine at Greek Delights.
Awesome. I love the eggplant and zuchini stuffed with chicken & rice with the light lemon sauce. The gyro is also great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Montclair Sighting

I was suprised to see the posting about the Burgman seen in front of the Mexicali Rose Rest. I live in the town next to Montclair,and drive throughout it's streets many times per week. Ihave yet to see a maxi scooter,let alone a Burgman!

I would like to meet with, one or all who responded to that posting, to share some,information, tall-tales,or best of all rides.

I look forward to hearing from you.
gme(Jerry)
Burgman AN 400

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can find me cruising down Bloomfield Ave through montclair ( I live on the Belleville/Bloomfield border) most mornings on my way to work between 7:30-7:50. My wife and I frequent Mexicali Rose all the time. Let me know if you would like to get together for a ride.

There are a few of us in NJ. In fact when I pulled up to MotorcycleMall to pick up my Bike there was a black 650 in front and I assumed it was mine. I went back to the service area and they were just bringing my scoot out. I shot back to the front to see if I could find out who's 650 was parked ... it was already gone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
a return to the scene of the crime

Let me know when you plan to hook up and I'll do my best to join you. I rode 100 miles today on my four-day-old 650, from Montclair to Long Beach Island. GSP 151 to 63. Kept the RPMs around 4k, even at 75 mph. A lot of fun. At this rate, I'll hit 600 miles within the first two weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Meeting in Montclair

How about meeting up tomorrow(Saturday, 08/28 ) in front of the Starbucks on Bloomfield Ave. in Montclair(next to Whole Foods) at 3:00 PM.

Please post a response if you're interested. Look forward to talking to anyone who can make it.

thanks

gme(jerry)

p.s. I am bald with a short, mostly white, beard. Answers to Jerry.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Meeting in Montclair

gme said:
[snip]
Thats a real clever beard, mine just grows. :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Depending on how my day goes I will try to stop for an iced chai or latte around 3. I may have my wife with me. I'm tall with beard and tats on upper arms, Tina blondest woman in the world with lots of tats. I answer to Johnny r Chuck. My beard can be antisocial and never answers. Oh, we would be on the big black 650.

I'll post again if I can to confirm.

By the way Joe - How do the wife and kids like THE BIG SCOOTER?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Meeting in Montclair

gme said:
How about meeting up tomorrow(Saturday, 08/28 ) in front of the Starbucks on Bloomfield Ave. in Montclair(next to Whole Foods) at 3:00 PM.

Please post a response if you're interested. Look forward to talking to anyone who can make it.

thanks

gme(jerry)

Too much work to do around the house. Gotta get an apartment ready for new tenants.

·
Registered
38 Posts
3:00 pm meeting in Montclair

Johnny,
Mywife and I will be at Starbucks at 3:00 PM.
Hope you can make it,if not let's see if some ,or all who responded to the original posting can meet in the near future.

gme (Jerry)

·
Registered
4 Posts
NJ Burgman Sighting

I like in Westfield, NJ (exit 135 on the GSP). I own a 2003 Burgman 650. My longest trips so far were to Monmouth Park at exit 105 and to Oradell at exit 165.

The Burgman is rock solid when being passed by a bus.

Anyone want to organize a ride in the Montclair Bloomfield area, I'm in. Sundays are better. Preferably earlier in the day.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Burg650 does a run quite often from Bergen cty NJ to Bear Mountain NY with a few 650 owners. I intend to join next time. If anyone wants to get together let me know.
Let's see how many NY/NJ Burg's we can get together.

Wife and I got to Starbucks about 4pm. We were scooting from nursing home to nursing home today trying to find one for my mother in law who took ill recently. We ran later than expected. We did eat at Mexicali Rose though...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Burgman Sighting in Montclair

Johnny -

Sorry we missed each other. My wife and I waited until around 3:30.

It would be really nice if all of us following this thread could get together to plan some future rides. How about Friday (September 3) at 7 pm at Starbucks in Montclair - Bloomfield Ave. next to Whole Foods.

I talked to a friend early this morning who went with his Harley club to Lancaster County, PA this weekend. He said it was a great ride. They stayed over night at a motel. There is no reason why we North Jersey metropolitan area Burgman riders could not do the same.

Let me know if another time or place would be better for a meeting.

Hope to hear from anybody.

gme (Jerry)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll let youknow about Friday.

Perhaps we can get a group together for a ride if this weekend is nice.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hey Johnny, maybe this Sat we can have a new seat party lunch. Lets get all the NJ Burg in our area together, remember I have a big garage so all is welcome to do work on there burg at my place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts