Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some iconic/graphic Burgman shirts at the following address:

http://www.cafepress.com/uptownhustle

The front of the shirt has the front of the 650 and the back… the back of the bike. You can get it customized with a rally or club name or a saying.
How about "Yes, you need a licence." I get that one at least once a week.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
MadMaxi said:
The front of the shirt has the front of the 650 and the back… the back of the bike. You can get it customized with a rally or club name or a saying.
How about "Yes, you need a licence." I get that one at least once a week.
I've gotta get me one of those. 8)

On the front: "Yes, you need a license"

On the back: "0 to 60 in 7 seconds"

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Personally, I'll hold off until Bryan has his own BurgmanUSA t-shirts available. I rather the forum get the lions share of the profit rather than an online retailer.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Stormsteed said:
...I wonder what it would take to create a shirt specific to the site...?
Almost any T-shirt shop, sportswear shop, team store, etc. will do "runs" of custom shirts. Usually there is a setup fee for the artwork, and then a "per shirt" wholesale price.

Then the person or group that orders the shirt will add on an additional amount per shirt for sales to the membership, with that amount as their profit/donation.

If a member of a group happens to have an "in" with a shirt shop then the price to the seller can be reduced even further, increasing the groups share.

If Bryan doesn't already have an arrangement in the works, then this shop might be a good place to go, since they already have some Burgman "art" to start with.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If I remember correctly, Bryan has someone local he was going to use for t-shirts, etc. If that falls thru, the local high school has a graphics art dept that does t-shirts, signs, etc at VERY reasonable prices. In smaller quanities, they'll do 'cad cut' graphics. For larger runs (25+ I think), they do silk screen. Many other schools (even several from out of state) and sports teams order their shirts from them because of the prices.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This site will customize for free as long as it is not too complicated. The price is the price - no set up fee or hidden costs. They are Burgman owners so I assume they do it for love and not money. Send an e-mail.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't think these pictures on these shirts do the burgman justice. It makes it look mean from the front.
WE need shirts that show off the burgman for the beautiful, sexy machine it really is.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Good idea.

Designing and selling shirts for the website is a great idea. Put me down for one XL.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wilder days said:
I don't think these pictures on these shirts do the burgman justice. It makes it look mean from the front.
WE need shirts that show off the burgman for the beautiful, sexy machine it really is.
Who are you referring to when you say "WE?" Because "I" have already ordered two of these shirts for their design and I am extremely passionate about and appreciative of my Burgman's style and engineering.

·
Registered
728 Posts
"WE", meaning us, the members of this group.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings about the shirts. If you like the looks of the front of the bike on the shirt, good. I DON'T think it does the burgman justice in its looks. The picture on the shirt reminds me of a deamon on some scary fright night flick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wilder - Respect.

That's the thing about design - it's subjective. What I find interesting is that you and I are members of this group because we both share a passion for the same vehicle - but we differ on how it should be represented. I thought this was the best design I've seen for a Burgman shirt, not just because of the front and back idea but it captured what I like about the faring. And at 650 CCs I like to think there's a little monster in there somewhere.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I am looking for a place that can make a embroidery patch if I send them the design for my riding jacket. Have been told that there are places that will take small orders and also make the patch that will stick very easy with a little heat instead of stitching it to the garment because sometime when it is stitched it will not lay flat on the material and cause the edge to curl up. I have used the computer t-shirt transfer paper to make t-shirt and they work very well but want it on the jacket and this transfer material is not made for any other than 100% cotton.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
burg650 said:
I am looking for a place that can make a embroidery patch if I send them the design for my riding jacket....
The same places that make T-shirts also often do patches. "Small orders" can mean different things to different people, though. If it's for a club or group, or something to sell lots of, then you can probably find someone to do it.

If it's only a few for yourself you could make a patch on your computer, transfer to a cotton piece, and then sew or iron that to your jacket.

Sometimes at shopping malls you'll see carts set up where they embroider caps and such. That would be a good place to inquire also.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Roger,

Most of the sports shops cater to the schools sports teams and have a service that provides embroidery for jackets, caps, and such. I did a quick loo on google and most of the online shops required a min order of 50 or 100 units.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stormsteed said:
MadMaxi said:
The designer has just posted the shirt I requested. It is called "Maxi's Custom" but anyone can order it. In fact he has put the design on several different styles of shirt in case others are interested. Enjoy.

http://www.cafepress.com/uptownhustle/420205
How come only some of them are made in the U.S.A.? There seems to be no rhyme or reason.. some long sleeved, some short sleeved... :?:
I think the "Made in the U.S.A" shirts are supplied by American Apparel which is in downtown L.A. I gather the other styles are from overseas. As for the variety - I ordered one on grey and one baseball jersey with blue sleves. I guess people like to have a selection - I certainly appreciate it.

Enjoy

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's so cool. I kinda prefer the $20.99 'cause they got a good shape. I'll see if Brenda wants one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts