Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had our truck camper pulling the Burgman in an enclosed trailer. We had reservations at Gulf State Park for Memorial Day weekend. Two weeks ago I had a local Ford dealership service my truck and they said the torque converter needed replacing along with a pump thingy. Including 4 new shocks, we were out over $3.5K.

So we got 376 miles and my truck lost all of its oil. Four gallons of oil sprayed out all over the bottom of the truck, the back of the truck camper and all over the front of the trailer. Needless to say, our weekend was over. After getting the camper off the truck and everything situtated, including giving away a lot of food, we got on our trusty Burgman and rode back home. There was no use trying to find a motel on the beach at that late point.

Sure glad we had the Burgman with us and that, with the Givi trunk, we had a lot of storage room to carry some of our stuff back home.

Ride safe, Del

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sorry you weekend was ruined! Bummer. At least you had a nice ride on your Burgman.

Ford dealers are notorious for bad service. Make sure they fix it for you! If that dealer gives you trouble go to corporate.

I once saw a mechanic at a Ford dealer put the radiator top bracket on backwards and then slam the hood shut. The latch was then driven through the top of the hood. Of coarse other dealers are just as bad. A friend of mine had his Dodge at the dealer for a tune up including all the spark plugs replaced. They put in the WRONG plugs, too long of plugs, and then they started the engine. Needless to say they punched holes into all 8 cylinders! My friend got a brand new engine put in!

Private mechanics tend to take better care of the cars they are servicing because it is their butt on the line if things go wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts