Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I wanted to know (if there is someone experienced here) where I've to connect the output of the hydrogen gas in my burgman 125cc.

I saw in a video that you can replace the fuel tube (unplug it) and plug the hho gas tube.

I've no idea about mechanics.

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Wouldn't hho be water :scratch: .

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
BurgmanAL12 said:
Hello to all,
I wanted to know (if there is someone experienced here) where I've to connect the output of the hydrogen gas in my burgman 125cc.

I saw in a video that you can replace the fuel tube (unplug it) and plug the hho gas tube.

I've no idea about mechanics.
In order to get HYDROGEN GAS- you need to insert the tube into your rectum and eat a lot of gassy foods like - beans..................

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
v8eyedoc""BurgmanAL12"]Hello to all,

I've no idea about mechanics
In order to get HYDROGEN GAS- you need to insert the tube into your rectum and eat a lot of gassy foods like - beans.................

er, that would be OH Oh OOOOOhhh gas for some people, methane for others

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
HHO is a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen gasses, created through electrolysis of water--oxyhydrogen. 2 molecules of water (H2O) are split to form two molecules of hydrogen (H2) and one of oxygen (O2), which can be burned. It is also called Brown's gas and Knallgass, and has been assigned all sorts of magical properties as an ICE fuel and fuel supplement, none of which hold water (no pun intended) as it requires much more energy to perform the electrolysis than can be recovered by burning the gasses.

Wiki has a great article...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
v8eyedoc""BurgmanAL12"]Hello to all,

I've no idea about mechanics
In order to get HYDROGEN GAS- you need to insert the tube into your rectum and eat a lot of gassy foods like - beans.................

er, that would be OH Oh OOOOOhhh gas for some people, methane for others
OH MY GOD...!!!!!!!! Whatever was I thinking when I wrote that.??? I guess I was thinking about the Hindenburg in New Jersey in 1937.......... :lol:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Yes, to "break down" enough water using the alternator and battery to run the engine, you'd need a bigger alternator, and the load on the engine would be GINORMOUS, thus negating and fuel savings. And last time I did electrolysis, it was sort of a slow process.....

cliffyk said:
HHO is a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen gasses, created through electrolysis of water--oxyhydrogen. 2 molecules of water (H2O) are split to form two molecules of hydrogen (H2) and one of oxygen (O2), which can be burned. It is also called Brown's gas and Knallgass, and has been assigned all sorts of magical properties as an ICE fuel and fuel supplement, none of which hold water (no pun intended) as it requires much more energy to perform the electrolysis than can be recovered by burning the gasses.

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
QuantumRift said:
Yes, to "break down" enough water using the alternator and battery to run the engine, you'd need a bigger alternator, and the load on the engine would be GINORMOUS, thus negating and fuel savings. And last time I did electrolysis, it was sort of a slow process.....

cliffyk said:

and very painful on the legs and underarms :twisted: :lol:

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
When I lived in North Carolina,,, I did a Brown gas experiment with my 84 Toyota with the 22RE motor... I was researching the project when the alternator went out on my truck... I replaced it with a 60 amp alternator and installed a two stage borwn gas generator using 2 1 quart canning jars... The whole unit drew 18 to 20 amps and the output gas fed into the breather system before the throttle body... The voltage to the bottles was controlled by a toggle switch with an aux feed... I increased my mileage from 32 to 40 but there was a strain on the motor when the alternator kicked in... It was a pain to keep the jugs full and they had to be cleaned monthly... I took the jars off before I sold the truck... replaced the glass and cleaned the elements up... I still have the jars and have thought about using them for another project but probably will not...
Is any body out there wanting to try this... I would ship you the jars and a wiring kit for the postage... well packed,,, probably 25-30 bucks...

·
Registered
280 Posts
The use of electronic circuitry has improved the efficiency of the home made units producing browns gas. One of the reasons the oil companies are getting out of the petrol industry is that the Chinese and Japanese manufacturers are already test a number of vehicles running on browns gas from water technology and it will be the fuel of the future along with electric vehicles. The technology is not new it was used in time of Atlantis. oh they are also developing systems to supply electricity which will do away with power stations. Will we see this technology , well it will depend on how much we continue to support the military /industrial alliance that now controls our lives.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Muse said:
The use of electronic circuitry has improved the efficiency of the home made units producing browns gas. One of the reasons the oil companies are getting out of the petrol industry is that the Chinese and Japanese manufacturers are already test a number of vehicles running on browns gas from water technology and it will be the fuel of the future along with electric vehicles. The technology is not new it was used in time of Atlantis. oh they are also developing systems to supply electricity which will do away with power stations. Will we see this technology , well it will depend on how much we continue to support the military /industrial alliance that now controls our lives.
"Oil companies geting out of the petrol industry" That will happen when pigs fly. Also would like more info concerning the time or anything else concerning Atlantis.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hmm all I can say to your response is :do your own research instead of waiting for others to hold your hand". You may even see pigs flying LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Muse said:
Hmm all I can say to your response is :do your own research instead of waiting for others to hold your hand". You may even see pigs flying LOL
I decided to do my own research and Googled "Atlantis Blueprint." Now I see where you are coming from. Let forum members read this and form their own opinions about your comment regarding Atlantis and brown gas. If pigs are to fly I wish they would soon as at age 84 I can't wait very long.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
born1928 said:
Muse said:
I decided to do my own research and Googled "Atlantis Blueprint." Now I see where you are coming from. Let forum members read this and form their own opinions about your comment regarding Atlantis and brown gas. If pigs are to fly I wish they would soon as at age 84 I can't wait very long.

****!!!!!! You just might be the "SENIOR MEMBER" here on BUSA....................!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The "oil companies" sell energy, and as is the goal of any business they try to make money doing it--and are generally successful. If there were other energy sources that cost less than drilling holes in the Earth, pumping out the free stuff¹, and refining and distributing same they would be (and in many instances are) investing in same. The problem is that so far few if any of the alternate sources are financially or even logistically viable.

That's why no one, other than the Government using money stolen from taxpayers, and a few people with money to lose, is willing to invest in them--and why even when flooded with Government grants, loan guarantees, and venture funding they cannot survive. When these sources do become viable you can bet the established energy companies will be players.

Re: hydrogen, it is an energy carrier not a primary source. Free hydrogen does not occur in nature and it must be generated, consuming energy in the generation process. Therefore even though the stored energy can often be used more efficiently than many primary sources, hydrogen starts out at a net loss negating a lot of the improved efficiency. Then, if viewed a replacement for fossil fuels in vehicles, you get into consuming more energy to compress it to the extent needed (10 kpsi) and the weight of tanks needed to deal with this.

Someday these issues may be overcome, in a manner that makes it a viable competitor to fossil fuels, however we are a long way from that yet...

-----------------------------------------------
¹ - Raw fossil fuels cost nothing, it's the fees, recovery, refining and distribution costs that add up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been using Brown gas on my FMS 250 Roadster for three years. My gas mileage went from 70mpg to 100mpg. This scooter had to have a lot of changes to maintain power. The last then was a additional generator.

Now I'm on a burgman 650 executive. I now have 735 miles. I'm waiting for 2000 miles before I start modifing.

I have found two different kites that will use less power to produce. One that looks the best uses heat reaction to release hydrogen.

Is there any new uses of hydrogen that can share on there experiments.

I'm steadly researching new methods. I love me burgman, but it burns more gas than my truck. My heavy wrist does not help!!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
The thing bout the 'hydrogen' thing is that it's bunk. To get hydrogen, you must break apart the water molecules. That's called electrolysis. Electrolysis of water is the decomposition of water (H2O) into oxygen (O2) and hydrogen gas (H2) due to an electric current being passed through the water. Now supposedly with these devices, you can generate enough hydrogen off your battery/alternator.

Again, it's crap. Production of hydrogen from water requires large amounts of energy. Decomposition of pure water into hydrogen and oxygen at standard temperature and pressure is not favorable in thermodynamic terms. Sure, you can do it at home with a battery, some salt water, and an anode and cathode to get a bit of hydrogen and oxygen, but it takes a while. You simply cannot generate the amount of hydrogen required to run an internal combustion engine off the the alternator. The load the alternator would put on the engine, when even attempting to use high current to bust apart the water molecules, would drag down the engine.

Further:

Fringe science and fraud

"Brown's Gas" is simply oxyhydrogen with a 2:1 molar ratio of H2 and O2 gases, the same proportion as in water. It is named after Yull Brown, who claimed that it could be used as a fuel for the internal combustion engine.[4][14] It's also called "HHO gas" after the claims of fringe physicist[15] Ruggero Santilli, who claims that his HHO gas, produced by a special apparatus, is "a new form of water", with new properties, based on his (fringe) theory of "magnecules".[14]

Oxyhydrogen is also often mentioned in conjunction with vehicles that claim to use water as a fuel. The most common and decisive counter-argument against producing this gas on board to use as a fuel or fuel additive is that more energy is needed to split water molecules than is recouped by burning the resulting gas.[4][16] Additionally, the number of liters per minute of gas that can be produced for on-demand consumption through electrolysis is very small in comparison to the liters per minute consumed by an internal combustion engine.[17]

An article in Popular Mechanics reports that Brown's gas cannot even increase the miles per gallon (MPG) of your vehicle, and that the only real savings come from tampering with your engine, which may confuse the anti-smog controls.[18]

"Water-fueled" cars should not be confused with hydrogen-fueled cars where the hydrogen is produced elsewhere and used as fuel or where it is used as fuel enhancement.

[Wikipedia]

So if you really want to run your Burg on hydrogen, you'll have to install a safe hydrogen storage tank, and then fill it with hydrogen that is produced by hydroelectric or nuclear or solar power.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
You can get a bit of hydrogen gas by submerging aluminum foil in vinegar. But the huge trailer full that you would need to pull........ :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts