Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Which nickname do you use most for your Burgman?

• Burgie (or Burgy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burgermeister (or Burgemeister)

• Ingrid (as in the actress, Ingrid Bergman)

• Ingmar (as in the director Ingmar Bergman)

• I never use a nickname. I call it a Burgman always.

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of Burgman riders have nicknames we like to use when referring to our little mechanical beasties. There are even some we do not like and wish others didn't use. Here's an opportunity to tell us all what you think.

• Which of the general nicknames do you like or don't like?

Are there other nicknames that you've heard folks call their Burgman?

Besides the general nicknames, do you have any personal ones you use for your specific ride?
Don't forget to tell us why you like, don't like various nicknames and also what the story is behind any nickname you've given your own Burgman.

·
Registered
308 Posts
BB

Burger Boy, becuase I remmeber the fast food joints by that name.

Maybe Buckaroo Banzai, after the cult film.

But Burger Boy for nowl and Burgy for short.

Ya know, by all accounts, this is a 650 CC 525 pound motorcycle with an automatic transmission. Kind of like a Guzzi California with Auto and floorboards. Its really not a scooter.

I feel better now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like Burgie and Burgemeister, while I don't care for Burger and really do not like Burger King. To me, Buger King is associated with greasy, second rate fast food, not something I liken my maxiscooter to. Just a personal thing. Burgie is a natural diminutive of Burgman, and is a term of endearment, while Burgemeister is a derivative of Burgomaster, the principal magistrate of town in a number of European countries. Kind of gives one an authoritative feel. However, for the most part I just called it "The Burgman" and leave it at that.

As for personal nicknames for my individual machine, I've call it the "Phantom Cruiser" at times, for it is a silver machine that travels like a ghost through a fog. Okay, really it is sort of a homage to the original Space Ghost cartoon show of my youth. Space Ghost's ship was the Phantom Cruiser.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Skaboo

Over here in Tokyo, the Burgman line is named 'Skywave'. The Japanese have a habit if shortening words to two syllables whenver possible in informal conversation. Skywave becomes 'Skaboo'.

So, I refer to my big white giant as 'Skaboo'...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nick names

I hear the motor is a 1300 Hayabusa cut in half so I 'm going to change mine to Hafabusa. Also, since I'm Jewish I tell people it's a Scooter for Jews. How about the Finkelstein 650.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts