Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I think there is something wrong with Suzuki's website. Most of the time, when I click on these links, I get "No Image Available" instead of the picture of the accessory. But if I use the "Return to accessory list" link on that page, then click on the referenced accessory - the picture is there...

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Paul,

The details.aspx code that displays individual accessories requires a Suzukicycles webpage be loaded into the browser as the page before the details page. For example, if you load the entire URL for the 650 Luggage Rack into a just opened browser, you'll notice it redirects to another page. If you then paste the URL back into the same browser, it will correctly load the page since the prior page was on their domain. Or, you can just open the http://www.suzukicycles.com page and then paste the URL for the Luggage Rack in and it will also work. I suspect this was done on purpose to force other websites (dealers mainly) to host the data on their own server rather than just linking back to the Suzuki website. It's a pain for us...but they may have a good reason why.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I am sure Bill is a real nice guy but if he thinks I am even going to try an analyze his answer ..........................
Well lets just say I have to read the instructions to turn my computer on ! :oops:

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Randy said:
I am sure Bill is a real nice guy but if he thinks I am even going to try an analyze his answer ..........................
Well lets just say I have to read the instructions to turn my computer on ! :oops:
Maybe I should have said, "It's broke on purpose" instead of letting my 'geek side' take over. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
add on for the rack

After purchasing the rack for the 400 I decided I wanted to carry a bit more stuff. I fabricated an aluminum plate 12"x 18" with holes drilled to use tie wraps to hold it to the rack. I then added a dozen holes on the perimeter of the plate to attach nuts/bolts wth a small ferrule covering. Next I bought raw bungee cord and clips to make custom lengths. I did not add hooks since all mounting points would utilize just a loop on the end.

I am now ready for a camping trip and have everything I need with me. The plate makes for a very usable amount of room especially with all the bungee mounting points to used for any size item.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i think i'll just get an old fashioned metal basket and attach it on my 650 <grin>

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
csachs1 said:
i think i'll just get an old fashioned metal basket and attach it on my 650 <grin>
If you do, we (as always) need pics. :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
B400 Luggage Rack

Yeah, I got one thrown on as part of my purchase deal from the local dealer. It's kinda small and only rated for 10 pounds, but I strap my spare helmet on there to keep the seat storage available for other things and that works well in the city. Am also thinking it will be a good place for a little tail pack to store my weather gear in when doing some serious cross-country, but haven't tried it yet.

Note that it's also a pain to install yourself. Not impossible, but 2 of the bolts you have to put back in are down in an almost impossible hole. I watched to guys fiddle with it in the shop for quite a while before they got it all back together right.

...Thumper

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hmmm. Just had a thought. Scary!

I think mounting a helmet lock underneath the Givi rack might work. I'm going to have a look.

Gotta go take my scoot in for service now. Hope this PC doesn't crash while I've got all these new messages left to read... :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
well now that plate is a good idea. i made one from an 8"x8" 10 gage steel plate but then i used it to mount my trunk to the trunk looks much better that the wire basket or the milk crate i had on the hondadavidson (helix) i have pictures on the gallery showing the trunk and some of the plate but the plate is side views with a tape measure showing the length 8" ea side. the 650 burgy rear section has cross marking underneath the panel to use as a drill guide. you can the get 3" bolts to attach the plate the bike use spacers to keep the plate off the plastic parts.

CorvairBob's Photo Gallery

Look at the pictures of the trunk and see what i mean. bp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts